We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

James Stewart Autographs: Which are Genuine, Autopens or Forgeries?

Isn't this an Autopen signature?

Ebay auction

Views: 26205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This one looks perfectly fine in my humble opinion. The "S" in Stewart is the clincher for me.

let me ck

Steve

it appears that this may be a forgery.

Do you have a larger scan that I can see?

I can try to get one. I feel I have a pretty good handle on Stewart, but this is a tweener style I have struggled with. It seems a bit too messy and smashed up, yet it is close enough that I am not certain either way.

I'll see if I can get a better closeup.

I just added this Jimmy Stewart signed baseball to my collection. The signature is a bit messy, but it feels right to me.

Zipper, I think its secretarial......LOL!

To my knowledge, Stewart secretarials only appeared on the 5x7 black and white border signed portrait pics.... and they are pretty obvious. I think the secretary "pinch hit" for a short period when his health was failing, and then they started using an Autopen.

Yeah, I doubt Mr. Stewart would have let a secretary touch his balls!  Baseballs, I mean!

I think the ball is good! I have one in my pictures that is the real deal. Take a look, Mr. Z.
Here it is Mr. Zipper.
Attachments: No photo uploads here
Thanks, Bob.

I was pretty confident it was authentic. Bill at RR liked it and as I stated before, it feels right. You'll note the signature on my ball starts far to the left as does yours.

The seller had an interesting array of baseballs signed by sports and Hollywood celebrities. Everything looked legit.

Looks like our old friend eBay seller gerryzu is back selling his unique brand of James Stewart signed photos. For those who may not recall, a few years ago this seller flooded the market with highly unusual James Stewart signatures.

The signatures are all strikingly similar:

• A sharp, "jerky" appearance

• Letters smashed together with poor letter definition

• Odd spacing between letters

• Never personalized

• Many of them do not appear to be on glossy photos... they are on cardstock prints

The sad fact is that gerryzu sometimes gets more for these than undoubtedly authentic exemplars would go for.

Here is a composite of the suspect James Stewart style that gerryzu consistently offers.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service