We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

has anybody got information about what bookstores jerry is attending to sign his new book ? I say sign as I have seen at the barnes &noble store in new York while he will be in attendance the books will be pre signed and only the auther will be signing !! does that set any alarm bells off 

at this moment this is the only signing he will be attending  does anyone know of any others  as would really like to add him to my book collection and being based in uk I have to get in touch with the stores in usa !!

thanks

Views: 34984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve,

Cult might be an even better word for it.

Regarding the book signatures, it is my belief he would have signed them over a period of several days and not one sitting. An acquaintance who has done quantity celeb signings told me this is common. The items to be signed are sent to the celeb, they sign them at their leisure and sometimes the buyer documents the signing of the last 100 or so as proof. I'm not saying that is what happened here but I'm certain JLL did not sit and sign all 750 at one time.

Steve Z.,

I agree that there’s less variation than in the larger TTM signatures, but there’s still substantial variation. For example:

The width of the bottom of the “J” varies substantially.
Some of the “L”s are shaped like a “2”, while others are not.
Some of the “L”s begin with a horizontal stroke, while others begin with a vertical stroke.
Some of the “Lee”s have two different styles of “E”, and not always in the same position (some appear to be spelled “Ler” and others “Lre”).
Some have the hook “S” at the end, while others do not.
The dots over the “I” vary. They appear either as a small dot, a small vertical line or a small horizontal line.
Some of the signatures show a very thin “R”, while others show a much wider “R”.

This is just within the small percentage of signed books that I’ve seen. All of the things that I’ve listed are true of authentic Jerry Lee Lewis signatures.

Mark:

Just curious...what were the circumstances under which the book was signed?

Also...where does the number 850 come from for the total number of books he purportedly signed?

I think it was posed at the beginning of this LONG thread some where.  But one key thing is ALL of the books at the signing were PRE-Signed.  

Mark

If I recall correctly, I believe the number someone stated was 700 or 750 books were "pre-signed."

What likely happened is that the individual pages were signed and then the publisher bound those signed pages into the books.  

The number comes from this message from Judith Lewis, which Chad posted earlier in the discussion.

JERRY LEE SIGNED 750 BOOKS. I NEVER SIGN HIS NAME AND NEITHER DOES JW.

Mark Roberts, It is hard telling why he signed the book where he did. An assistant probably slid it in front of him face down and this was where it was opened.

I feel your pain when looking at the variety in signatures. It can be a challenge to one's sanity.

The parallels between the return you just received and my first paid ttm are uncanny. In addition to the one I posted above (#6), the following is the second item I had signed in the same envelope.  

It has a different feel than the #6 but believe it is good. It matches well with your HSC album cover. In short, we both received multiple signatures at one time with each signature showing differences from the other.

I value your opinions of course... but I am still not convinced what so ever.  Judith's words speaks volumes to me, when she apologized for there being a problem with his signature and that they would sign for FREE.   Then the  ones I got back were totally different and more like the inperson examples.  There is a reason for that... because the 1st ones were not authentic they were signed by a woman. And for the record - I have no ill feelings for the Lewis Family.  I have gotten extra "real ones" for all the troubles.  :)

Mark

The signature on the debut LP was included in the second group that you received. Did you compare it to the ones that you believe were signed by a woman? Does it appear less feminine in your opinion?

Its been a while since I did that.. but I will

Mark

Here it is:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service