We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

has anybody got information about what bookstores jerry is attending to sign his new book ? I say sign as I have seen at the barnes &noble store in new York while he will be in attendance the books will be pre signed and only the auther will be signing !! does that set any alarm bells off 

at this moment this is the only signing he will be attending  does anyone know of any others  as would really like to add him to my book collection and being based in uk I have to get in touch with the stores in usa !!

thanks

Views: 34978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see similarities with the photos and Mark's LP.  I do not see them with the books.  The books just look different to me, but I am no handwriting expert.  By the way, how & when were the GBOF photos obtained?  Witnessed IP , sent backstage or TTM?  JSA aside, it would be nice to know. 

I think it's pretty clear that the recent TTM signature from Mark's LP is in the same hand as those from the GBOF photos. If those photo signatures aren't consistent with the book signatures, why was there was a reversal of opinion regarding the JSA photo? There wouldn't have been any need to do that. Why isn't the signature from Mark's LP being called into question?

Here is a signed Jerry Lee Lewis poster that I just got back from JSA as authentic.   I wanna say it was signed in 2004.  Different type of signature that we are used to seeing with Lewis underneath. 

Mark

Mark was this obtained TTM?  Nice sig,

Apologies for reigniting this thread.
But perhaps some people may actually be interested in music as opposed to just the autographs.

I saw JLL in NYC last night. He looked terrific. His voice was strong. And his playing was as great as ever.  He was not asked, nor did he comment, about the signed book situation. 

And I just noted that some time ago Steve had requested a posting of the first photo below.  So forgive the delay, but here it is.

The first photo is a book purchased at Barnes & Noble, and pre-"signed" by JLL and author Rick Bragg.  Below that is a signature obtained (earlier this year)through the mail on the dust jacket of the book.

So this book now has two purported JLL signatures. To a layman's eye they appear quite diffferent.

Sidney,

I am glad you enjoyed the show. His performances over the last decade have had bursts of greatness and some signs of a weakening voice. I'm impressed he is still out performing after 60 years.

Thanks.  I gotta say he was a lot better than I expected.

The word "legend" is tossed around a lot. Over the past 10 years or so I started making it a point to see the few real legends out there while I can. And JLL is one of them.

He's so determined to pull a fast one on his fans that he tells an inverviewer that his hand is getting tired from signing the books, and then he signs the book cover like he would any other TTM signature? It shows me that he has nothing to hide. His signature can vary substantially based on the circumstances, but both are from JLL.

It sounds like a fast one to me. The books are real neatly signed (maybe not beautiful handwriting, but neat compared to the real ttms) and yet the ttms are generally pretty messy. I'm sure if we researched all the autopen books that book stores sold, a few celebrities would have used the same "my hand was tired" quote.

What do you think of the TTM that Mark Roberts received around that time? To me it looks neater than many of the book signatures.

NOT AUTHENTIC???

AUTHENTIC

Who's pulling a fast one here?

The ttms are generally messy, those a little neater sure but still the book sigs are better looking. The books are very suspect to me. I am not the biggest Jerry Lee fan but he's def. a legend, I would like to have his autograph but not at the risk of paying for a fake. I would rather take a chance with the ttms over the book sigs.

I know this thread is a mess and hard to follow... I will post a recent Jerry Lee Lewis autograph gotten by an in person autographer when Jerry Lee did his concert in NY recently.  The person has a video of Mr. Lee signing it - so I have no question that it is real.  I will start a new thread and post the photo - it will be in the music autographs group.   Great example of a recent signature of the killer!

Mark

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service