We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi,I had bought this Kurt Cobain autograph at a coin operated/pinball Machine show in 2001.it was from a guy that had a booth selling autographs.i bought it for $300 back then.but I lost the certificate of authenticity when I moved years ago.it came framed with a picture of Kurt and a metal engraving.anyways I have always wanted to get it PSA/DNA authentication but it costs $250 for kurt's autograph to be grated...I want to sell it and don't want it to spend the $ if it's fake.the guy with the booth that sold me it seemed sketchy...anyways I would love someone's opinion if they know if this is real?
Thanks
Matt

Views: 3253

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ooh. This is PSA approved?

Doubt it.

PSA passed this one??

Wow !!! Exact same replica of a known authenticated KC signed autograph.
What are the chances???

Which 2 are you referring to Tomi?

Tom, after seeing the card and yours, I would be concerned. You said yours was obtained IP, by who? Also wondering why yours appears to exhibit features of a mechanical signature? I played with the images, and yours appears a copy, with the most obvious difference being altered placement of first and last names. They are much more than similar in overlay to my eye; this much in common but with different placement really indicates something is wrong to me.

Tomi, here is  a quick and rough overlay of yours and the card that J.Seah posted. Do you see a problem? See the two images below this one.

First name placement:

Last name placement:

Tomi,

They are machine making forgeries today where they use a genuine example and make small variations in it. They're extremely hard to discern, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are getting past the top third-party authenticators. Some other processes are.

Dear Eric and Steve,

First of all you are right and I'm wrong. I've been collecting autographs seriously for more than 25 years and this example shows that even the wisest of us make mistakes.

Even if I have met personally dozens of world class celebrities, Kurt Cobain was not one of them.

And even if I'm having the collection of Uncle Eric (famous in-person autograph collector from Finland), Kurt Cobain was one of the few music stars he did not get because Eric was not able to travel to the festival that time.

This piece of paper (claimed to have the in-person signature of him) came to my attention from a Finnish music lover. I did the best research I could and made a mistake. It really looked like a real one. It even had "Ruisrock 1992" written behind it proving that it really had been got while the band visited here.

But I was wrong and want to thank Eric and Steve for their contribution. In the future I will represent here only items which are 150 % genuine and authentic ones - either personally got by me - or personally got by Uncle Eric (and by nobody else).  

Tomi,

You don't owe anyone an apology. I'm sorry to hear you may have ended up with a forgery (one of the two must be, but I haven't looked super-close at yours to see if there are signs it was machine-made). It's especially sad because Cobain is so rare and expensive.

Do you have a chance of getting a refund? I hope so.

Please post any autographs you want to discuss, whether you're sure they are genuine or not. That's what Autograph Live is here for. Just don't offer them for sale on this site unless you're sure they're real.

Hi Tom, I too am sorry your about your Cobain. Hopefully you can get a refund as Steve said.

Sorry Matt, the In Utero item is not real.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service