We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On August 3,1980 I attended a wedding in NY and was told by someone I met that John Lennon walks by the corner of 72nd and Central Park West every Monday at noon when he's in NY. The next morning, a Monday, I bought the Imagine album and stood on the corner with a friend at 11:45. No John. At 1:45, the friend left. Finally, at 3:45 I saw John approaching with an elderly man. My hands began to shake, and when I asked John to sign the album, he asked me how long I'd been waiting. I said four hours and he replied, "Then I'll have to sign, won't I?". He had the beginnings of a new beard and signed his name as a mustache, then scribbled in a beard and said, "That's more like it now, wouldn't you say?". I thought I would pass out from the heat and from being in the presence of half of the greatest song writing team that ever lived.

Views: 2439

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thats still cool no unfortunately paul rocks

That is as good as it gets! Both the story and the autograph. In my world, the three best autographs to own are (all being essentially equal): Babe Ruth, John F. Kennedy, and John Lennon. Again, they're all equal in my eyes. I have the first two. I can only IMAGINE having the last one.

Wow, what a great story, and a great autograph on a great album!

Thanks for sharing them.

Lewis

Wow!... Thanks for sharing!

I haven't been a member here very long, but this is my favorite post yet. 

That is an incredible story Ben.  Thanks for sharing.

great story, thanks for sharing!

Great signature and story!
Oh my god that's amazing! I wish I had been arround at that time. I wasn't born until 1981 so I missed out. Thanks for posting this!
Thanks to everyone for your positive responses. I really appreciate it!

Amazing piece and an even better story.

Thank you, BC

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service