Hi, would please appreciate opinions on this signed photo.

Thanks

Tags: Madonna

Views: 2538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, thanks very much, Kamran!

Although I believe that an authentic signature is just that. Personally, I would want the earlier, more full signatures. These loosely signed, more recent examples are not as appealing. Madonna is a pop icon. If a person was going to invest in her signatures then saving up to get a good one will pay dividends in the long run. IMO.

I have been seeing the secondary market on her signed children's book set softening lately. I'm not a fan of those. Of course, at $30 a pop would be a no brainer!!

Hard to tell what Madonna will do in the future. All I can be sure of is that her early signatures are not common and should hold their value well unless she does something ultra scandalous.

I agree...her “vintage” autograph is much more appealing.   There’s no doubt Madonna is one of the greatest music icons ever.  After all, she is the Queen of Pop and the highest selling female artist of all-time with more Top Ten hits than anyone ever...including the greatest icons of all...The Beatles, although no person or group has had more No. 1 hits than the Beatles along with their being the top selling music artists of all-time.  But back to Madonna, she has transcended music.  She really has been a cultural icon, having had a huge influence in day-to-day life...at least in America in the 80s and 90s.  In my dorm in college in the mid-80s, I swear just about every girl dressed like Madonna.  It was incredible.  In fact to Madonna, I would say, “They were ‘Crazy for You.’”  

I picked up one of her signed book sets. Quite underwhelming signature - was a little disappointed truth be told. Yes, it IS a Madonna, but c'mon...

Here is a Madonna-signed magazine that I obtained from a guy who attended her signing at Tower Records in NYC in April 2003 for her American Life launch.  It’s interesting that in 2003, she was signing items with at least two different autograph styles.

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Definitely interesting. Maybe it's because I'm not fond of the "style" but, authentic or not, I would not want to own it nor recommend it to anyone. This must have been a very unrushed, deliberately signed situation.

I actually like it, other than wishing it were in silver rather than gold.  It’s a much more legible autograph from how she typically signs now.  Madonna was seated at a table as she signed these autographs.  I read that she was signing autographs predominantly in gold that day as well as personalizing most items.  Sorry you don’t like it.

Just a personal preference. I have a picture in my mind what I want to see and usually by-pass everything else. Authentic or not.

I wish she'd do a signing like that again. A friend of mine went to that and he got his Blond Ambition poster signed (she signed it in black ink). He said that as long as you bought the cd you could have her sign anything. 

That was my understanding too.  The guy I bought mine from said he got three things signed by her that day.  Unfortunately for several other people, some of whom waited in line overnight, they got nothing signed because, supposedly due to a scheduling conflict, Madonna abruptly left the event early, leaving many without anything signed at all.  However, those who left disappointed, were taken care of later.  The ones who left without an autograph were later sent a signed copy of Madonna’s sex book which I believe now go for around $2000 or so.

Waited overnight. Wow! That's dedication.

As we used to say in the 80s...like for sure!  Madge has some pretty dedicated fans.  To be honest, as much as I like her music, I probably wouldn’t wait overnight...well, maybe in my younger and healthier days!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service