We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Views: 2293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On the still from Just a Gigolo? That is the one I am asking about.

If it’s not the signature it must be the print I ain’t too sure I have just come off night shift my eyes I pretty tired right now. The autographs look alright though what I can compare.

If you look at the copyright date on the photograph and the date of the signature you will see the problem. The signature and handwriting are visibly off as well.

But...JSA said it was real and they even put a sticker on it.  😆

Maybe the person who prepared the photo description didn't know his Roman numerals?

Or maybe it's fake?  😉

Those are Ford's words? Hmm. Is that the best source? It seems to be self validating. What do you make of this 1977?

I just looked over every Bowie  (a thousand?) I have on file from 1973 to 2015 and "best wishes" does not appear to have ever been signed with anything but a lower case "b", whether there is a "my" or "My" with or "With"" in front or not. More often than not just "best wishes". The search continues. Does anyone have one to show? There are other "Spatial Oddities" here as well. The spiky nature of his inscriptions during these Berlin Trilogy years appears dulled for one.

Kieran, what do you make of the image above and the information I just posted below it regarding the 1977? Does that mean anything to you? Does the signature and inscription look as it should?

I don't see where he is going to get back to you? Maybe I misunderstood

Oh, I see. This is an old email above and you have written Ford again?

No badgering please. 

Kieran, here is a style that was sent to me by Ford that he first deemed authentic and posted in his gallery, but was removed from the "Peters" website following my analysis (forgery).

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service