We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi everybody,

I bought this cut sig from a Check. It was sold by Markus Brandes, which makes me sure it's authentic.

But when did she sign it? I found an autograph study on the internet about the development of her autograph which makes me imagine that it might be written 1958 or later. What do you think? Maybe Pauline has more detailed knowledge.

Thanks for taking a look.

Tags: Marilyn, Monroe, signed, years

Views: 1473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for your support, very much appreciated!

Unfortunately I must admit that I don't believe it to be authentic. Some forgers buy unused MM checks in eBay and place a sig on them. This seems to be one example IMO.

But see what others say.

Thanks - Wasn't looking for any opinions about my MM check.  I feel good about mine.  Was just trying to help with another example for you. 

Pauline should check in soon.

I don't think so. Very acerbic and pointed. Rather a lot of ink too.

What was she up to on June 4th, 1961? Is that the year after The Misfits? I don't find this good but we will see what Pauline and the other MM collector whose name escapes me. have to say.

Ok - like I said, wasn't looking for opinions on my MM check - but it looks like this is where it's going.  The above check was PSA certified and sold by Heritage Auctions in 2014.  Same laboratory and same amount as well as other similarities.  She was consistently ill for many years and both were either for psychiatric care or medical tests. 

Well, good for you :)

Is the first one you showed authenticated and by who?

"...like I said, wasn't looking for opinions on my MM check - but it looks like this is where it's going. ..."

It is an autograph group - we discuss authenticity, condition, quality and so on. Don't be surprised if a question pops up here or there. We are all here to learn and trade information. Is the first check certed?

A larger sharper scan would be more easily appreciated (and seen!). :)

I never, never bid on autographs from Heritage. Yes, they are an esteemed auction house for everything but not autographs.

I once saw them list the same Abbott & Costello signed boxing ticket every week on their Sunday Night Sports Auction. Every week someone would buy it and the next week another new one was back. This went on for a couple of months and I contacted them and told them there was no way Abbott and Costello signed all these boxing tickets. They basically told me to shut up.

And we know PSA makes mistakes, there are certified fakes even on their site. Ballroom caught one the other day.

LOL....I thought I was the only one who caught those A & C boxing tickets they were flooding the market with. 

They have a neat disclaimer on some of their autographed material that reads: 

"The autograph in this lot we believe to be authentic but Heritage will not guarantee its authenticity. Please know this before bidding that we do not guarantee the authenticity of this autograph."

What the heck does that mean?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service