We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Michael Jackson drawings (Miscell inc. 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters')

I'm noticing a sudden influx of MJ signed Michael Jackson drawings coming on to the auction market, which seem to share the common themes of either 'portraits of historical figures'  or 'Disney characters'.

Both of these themes are of course recognised from Michaels' drawings both at a young age and later in life, but it is interesting that so many new drawings are being released on to the market at the same time. 

Here are some current examples:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Tags: Michael, disney, forgery, jackson, parr, portraits

Views: 100876

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The screenshot Steve gave is the same as I go to mine... No winning bid I can find, or says that I'm the winner... Only under the tab of "My Account" it says that I won the auction...

To add: No confirming email? Better yet. Were it me, I would not "ask" anything because you will relinquish whatever you have to stand on. I would "tell" them. Go slow(ish). Deliberate. Get further info here - it will come.

I checked my mail and it seems I didn't get a mail with confirmation that said I won the auction, but maybe that comes later with the paying form...

Also with the checkout I had to fill in my adress, crossed that I agreed with the terms and conditions and then click a button with "place my order"...  Maybe that was a bad idea I already did...

It also says "Make your payment directly into our bank account. Please use your Order ID as the payment reference. Your order will not be shipped until the funds have cleared in our account."

I’d send them you concerns with this and wouldn’t pay them a dime until they investigate it.

No, I really don't want to pay this, but I also don't want to get a debt collector at my door when they tell me payment is obligated...

I'm from Belgium myself so communication could be slow between me and their company...

Even then...(to Rick) ;) A debt collector in Belgium for  $217 auction in the UK whose sale appears funky at BEST (autograph aside)? I'd not worry to much. Places like thses rely on your fear. 

Yeah... But already thanks all for your help...

Glad I can feel support from here... This wouldn't be easy on my own, as my buy from this drawing, you can already tell, I'm not a pro at this but don't want to get ripped of either!!

So many thanx!!

Eric, my winning bid was $1090 so you can understand my frustration... I'm not a rich man, by all means and have to work hard for my money so that amount for me is a big big deal...

I was so caught up in the auction and such a huge MJ fan and had some savings aside so this really is devastating for me...

I understand and I am sorry. Your "winning" bid of $1090 as Steve just said shows they know the autograph is not genuine. It should be $12,000 or so. You can use this knowledge to your advantage with all the rest of the information that looks wrong.

Tony,

These is an obviously fake MJ drawing that they could have easily determined to be so with a little investigation. The $1,500-$2,000 estimate is at least $10,000 less than a genuine one would be worth, so how could they not know they should be concerned about authenticity?

I don't know how UK and EC law works in such situations, but I think that contacting them with what you found out could get Knaisz to agree to cancel the sale. 

You can contact Garry King in the UK for advice on how to handle this as well: garry@autografica.co.uk 

Let me know if you have a hard time getting Knaisz to cancel the sale. I'll do what I can to help you.

+1 This is part of what makes this site great. Teamwork (and a great Community Manager!). Steve helped me just the other night. 

+2. The smartest folks in the hobby are members here. The talent level and experience is second to none.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service