We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I never knew that a Michael Bush's autograph would worth so much... You autograph hunters and collectors should chase Bush wherever he goes, he's a goldmine!!

And obviously worth more than so many celebrities!!!

Can have even follow the direct selling ... : '(
It hurts ...

I agree with you - this auction is extremely heartbreaking.  It's difficult to believe that there are so many greedy people out there, especially in light that these beautiful costumes were not signed by Michael Jackson.

what makes the buyers "greedy"? 

Brandon, you got nothing better to do than troll this discussion with your agitating self?

Where does Geraldine say buyers?

This is what you posted on this forum yesterday (page 87): "It seems that there are way too many people still trying to get a part of "empire"."  

Were you stating there are way too many buyers still trying to get a part of "empire"?

Steve, I thought this one was banished 'til the end of this sell off?

Wendy,

I understand why what he's saying bothers you, but I think Brandon is within the limits of reasonable debate. I asked Brandon not to contribute a while back until we emailed, and we did.

You are an extremely fair person Steve.

I simply don't abide antagonists who target decent minded, newbies to the forum.

Thank you for answering me.

I truly am "ignorant" in this realm. Especially with the dynamics of the family vs the estate. I can only go on the information that each side presents. Remember, there are three sides to every story. His, hers, and the truth. Non MJ fans should be allowed to ask questions without being attacked.

attacked LOL

This coming from one who referred to MJ fans as stalkers earlier in this thread.

If you don't reword people, you won't get called on it.

Wow--I am so impressed by everyone here who had the interest and ability to put a public word out that Julian's has hundreds of FAKE autographs for 'sale".  To get the media and Randy jackson involved to see the fakery is very impressive. We are not here to deny anyone a legitimate autograph but when millions of dollars are being spent on bogius merchandise and sanctioned as authentic by a major auction Hosue it puts all of us who have legitimate autographs in danger...KUDOS to those here who had the wisdom, time and ABILITY to expose the fake game!

http://imagesia.com/teammichael-to-julien-auction_3uuy 
I'm not sure you can see this photo. This is TeamMichael to Julien Auction

Thank you Jadzzia - Go TeamMichael

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service