We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi! I bought a funko for the Michael Keaton signing from Crlberty Authentics. Long story short the coa number isn’t on their database. I reached out and they said there updating it and it wouldn’t be until everything is shipped. I know they don’t have the greatest reputation and I probably shouldn’t have spent any money. Just want to know if they are legit and if the Signiture looks okay? Please tell me I’m worrying to much. 

Tags: Batman

Views: 599

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As in art or many other things, a total consensus of opinions is sometimes not going to happen.

SWAU is excellent. They're new on the authentication end but it's run by Pete Chuka, and he is fantastic. If he says it's likely good you can rest easy on authenticity. I don't consider JSA as good as BAS on music and entertainment, and it's generally calling something real that I don't think is.

Pete Chuka is Bendu here but he hasn't been around for a while.

Are you sure that Swau/pete is that good? I bought a Patrick Stewart autograph from Galaxycon last year. It can back as not likely than came back as likely and went to not likely. I contacted jsa and they messaged me saying they thought it was real and a few months ago had them look at it at comic con and was told it was. I like Swau and use them on several occasions before making purchase but I’m on the fence about them, at least when it comes to authentication, no issues with their signings. Bought rdj autographs from them. 

Beckett quick opinion says it isn’t, Swau said it is.

I learned the hard way not to place too much confidence in Beckett’s Signature Review service. I would have been better off not using it at all.

Do you mean there quick opinion or there actual authentication process? Sorry, I’m a little confused. 

I’m referring to their quick opinion service. It’s called “Beckett Signature Review.”

This is why I constantly advocate for personal accumulated knowledge from deliberate experience.  I want to play too. Especially if it's my money.

Almost any opinion is secondary to mine.

Pete is superb! An eye incomparable.

You’re absolutely right, Eric. It involved losing out on a couple of items that came back as “Unlikely…”. I believed they were authentic, but I backed out after the negative result and later regretted it. One of those items came up for sale with a cert from another TPA. 

Thanks Ballroom. :-)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service