We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Has anyone ever heard of Team Derek? Supposedly he was an associate of Mead Chasky, and I know Chasky's sports stuff is solid, but I have never heard of Derek.  Anyone have opinions on Chasky's entertainment items?

Here are a bunch of items with Team Derek/Chasky holograms on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Entertainment-Memorabilia-/45100/i.html?ite...

Some look good to me, others I am not familiar with. Thanks!

Views: 7479

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been out on the streets of NYC getting entertainment autographs and have seen Mead a number of times.  Yes he does entertainment.

Carl - The Townshend is authentic.  And, furthermore, I have not heard of him signing TTM in years. 

Hi Nick, the Townshend doesnt look like what ive gotten from him. Specifically, his last name is crunched together more than i have ever gotten from him, and i have about a dozen signed items, and their is something about the first name that looks stragne to me. But this may be an authentic example as youve said. I certainly am not an expert on him. And Pete's still signing. Ive actually gotten Pete twice this year TTM. I was surprised to here that you said that, but maybe i just got lucky this year. Thanks for the opinion though.

The Townshend looks too neat to be a IP one... I at least, always got a line, loop for the "P" and the line crossed for the "T".. None of the ones, even from the book signings look this nice...

Way too many similarities for me to call it a forgery to a few of the books I received.  Although there are some differences, he has such a quick signature that there are many differences between all of the signatures I have obtained of Pete.  And, if these were obtained in NYC there is a reason why it is a nicer signature, and fairly neat.    

So maybe not all the Team Derek stuff is bad then?

He may have some good items, but most if not all is bad. Even if their were a few good items scattered in, i would be so suspicious that i never would make a purchase. I definetly would not buy anything with a Team Derek Hologram without getting it checked out by Roger Epperson or PSA. 

Agreed.. whats your take on the Chasky stuff?

Every Mead Chasky signed music item that I have seen, at least what I am familiar with, is bad.

The question is, are they real Mead Chasky holograms? Or is this a case of someone using the name of a reputable, but defunct company, on certs? I Thought Chasky was out of the sports business.

There is an ebay account, themcsportscollection, that sells plenty of items under the Chasky name, about half sports, half entertainment.

The items pictured are not hologramed, but the descriptions state the items will have holograms, so I assume that they are still in business of some sort.  Curious.

The Mead Chasky website links to that eBay account, so I assume it's a legit affiliation.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service