We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

When I bought this autograph without a COA for only $400 some people weren't sure it was authentic. Now it's framed behind a UV glass with a Perry Cox COA. I guess I managed to raise its value to much more than $400. What do you think about this piece?  

Views: 1129

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Andreas

Result, as we say in England. Congratulations.

Thanks Karl

Is this from the early 80's, or is it from the late 80's/early 90's? The auction description claims that it was "obtained in a coffee shop in NYC in the early 1980’s", but the LOA says late 1980's/early 1990's?

The seller on Ebay didn't obtain this autograph personally. He only assumed that it was in the early 1980s based on a story that went by word of mouth. Once there is a certificate of Perry Cox it no longer really matters what the seller says. What matters is what is written in the COA. Anyway, I'm satisfied with that.

It was stated as fact and included the signing location, so I thought there was more certainty. So it was signed at a NYC coffee shop in the late 80's/early 90's. Is that correct, or is the signing location an assumption as well?

The seller received the signature from his business partner who received the signature from the guy who obtained the signature personally. The seller said what he said based on what he had heard. How exactly did this signature roll from hand to hand and what exactly the story that passed from one to another and how many years the signature was in everyone's possession I really do not know. This seller does not seem to understand the subject of signatures. It seems that in some way he has received a huge collection of signatures and photographs that he is simply trying to sell without too much understanding their real value or rarity. According to his descriptions, he does not seem to mind much. To tell the truth, I simply do not care. I have proved that this signature is genuine beyond any doubt and it completely satisfies me.

The seller does indeed offer some signatures at low stating prices. There was a Babe Ruth that went unsold at $750 and a Keith Richards that went unsold at $50. A Mick Jagger sold really cheap.

Gosh, I seem to miss the good deals. 

By the way, Tracks UK offered me a price to buy this signature from me. If Tracks UK want to buy it from me, then I think it speaks for itself.

By the way, not only did Perry Cox confirm that the signature was genuine, but both Roger Epperson and Tracks UK confirmed that the signature was genuine.

I can understand why $400 or less might be the right price for this signature (for example: it's a page removed from an autograph book, faded ink, lack of concrete provenance, to name the obvious). But if the Perry Cox COA is indeed genuine, it should quell most doubt.

Regarding framing the COA with the signature, I'd have mounted it or have added a mylar sleeve for it on the back, for easy access, rather than the front. The entire presentation now centers on the COA instead of the signature, which is distracting and less than aesthetically pleasing.

Also, the photo of George and Paul from the late '60s is a great one, but with a '80s era signature, it's a mish-mash. I'd look for a George photo from the same era.

Anyway, thanks for posting. Enjoy'd this thread.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service