We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello! I recently purchased this photo of Christian Bale and Anne Hathaway on eBay. It looked real at that time, but now that I received it, I have doubts. The autographs are not flawless, the person seems to have stopped at certain main spots, as if trying to copy a real auto. Of course, I'm just a beginner, so I can be wrong, but I would like to have your opinion. Thanks!

Views: 2923

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What makes you think one is better than the other? They both have the "Regards" thing and the signatures look almost the same, at least to me. Thank you for your great help!

I just noticed something.... the first one from GMauthenticautos has a logo VERY similar to GrandStand-Online. Now I'm not so sure I want to purchase this, even if I love the image:

It's true that they offer a money back guarantee... but if no one ever bought from them, who knows if it's just words or not?

As for the second one here:

... it has been sold recently.

If you do a side-by-side comparison of the two signatures you will see that the Yuma signature is more detailed and considering that it is said to be an in-person Bale autograph I also consider it to be curious.  He is typically much more sloppy.

Jason, I was always led to believe that seller norbsob99 was ok. Are you saying thats not the case mate?

Jason, are you certain about that?  I have been considering a dealer who is selling some Christian Bale autographs and although some are signed with "Regards" others are not.  They are simply signed "Christian Bale".  I have grown to trust that this dealer is reputable even though I have not purchased anything from them yet.  I'll be happy to send you a private message if you would like to take a look at them.

You are right, it seems very detailed. On the other hand, this one is too:

and is authenticated by PSA/DNA. Link here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRISTIAN-BALE-THE-DARK-KNIGHT-SIGNED-AUTHE...

Wow, that is an awesome piece.  It gives no appearance of a sloppy in-person signature that I am so used to seeing on eBay.  If you are looking for an authentic Christian Bale signature and you trust PSA as much as I do then look no further.

It's true that it is a really awesome signature. But I don't like the photo. I wanna see Christian's face. I would have liked it better if it was a picture of "Bruce Wayne" instead of Batman.

I'm not very familiar with PSA or other authenticators, but they seem really respected.

The Yuma photo matches commonly "authenticated" signatures, look at the details in the salutation.

Why the word in " "  ? (I'm searching for the word, but don't have my dictionary right now LOL). English is not my first language :-) Do you think the Yuma photo is not authentic?

@ Mike Shepherd

Hey Mike, I have 11 Bale's in stock right now all in-person from NYC and he added 'regards' and personalization (he asks names when he signs) to every one of them.

I also looked at an additional 40+ bales we have gotten in-person in the last two years. Same- all inscribed and with regards.

I was thinking that a dealer might remove the regards if the personalization was written over it but I have never had him do that to us.

While it is certainly possible that he changed his signing habits he had not changed even as of the premiere of the new Batman movie this earlier this year.

Send me a private message too. I would enjoy taking a quick look.

Though I wonder why you won't name the dealer publicly?

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks Michael.  I don't believe in naming dealers publicly unless I am very sure that something is wrong and right now I am not sure enough.  I posted the following discussion with the hope of making some sense of this.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/christian-bale-in-pe...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service