With the New York Comic Con just over the horizon I thought that it would be an opportune time to discuss anything and everything related to it.  I am particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has purchased in-person autographs from any of the scheduled guests in the recent past.  Although I will not be attending this year other collectors who plan on attending may need to determine how much money to bring and any help would be great.  Thanks in advance for any information that you are able to provide.

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/

Views: 3303

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is anyone doing mail in orders?

Any idea about how much a Moretz or Stallone autograph would cost if I wanted to send in a 24x36 poster?

I have no idea.  If I had to guess I would say $30 for Mortez and $100 for Stallone but you would have to stand on line.  Send in requests are not granted at New York Comic Con.

Aww man that sucks. You could send in nearly anything here this past weekend at Toronto. I'm guessing they'll charge more. Just as example: Hulk Hogan was charging $100 per, Walking Dead actors were charging like $60 per.

New York is a zoo.  A constant never-ending stream of people.

I went to NY Comic Con twice... the last time was 2010 if I recall correctly. Insanely crowded to the point where you literally have to go with the stream of people and can't break free if you want to get to a certain booth. Some aisles are so packed I'd just give up on trying to go down... so I am sure I missed things I would have liked to see.

While I loved the "content" of the show and meeting up with other collectors, the experience was not pleasant. To make matters worse, they also have some sort on Anime convention on the upper levels the same weekend, so even the surrounding streets are packed with people taking a break and trying to get fresh air. I think I walked about five blocks to find a 5 Guys so I could get away and have a burger for lunch.

For the first few years NYCC was great because it was a "sane" version of the San Diego Comic Con. Now, it's just as bad. And it seems -- like San Diego -- comics are secondary and the entertainment and gamers have taken over. Too bad.

I agree Mr. Zipper.  I passed on purchasing tickets when I first received an e-mail because I simply did not want to have to deal with the insanity of it.  It is unfortunate because I enjoy having my autographs personalized but there is always that risk of the celebrity not being willing to add an inscription.  It simply is not worth it unless you own a particular item that you absolutely must have signed.

I'd be willing to bet Toronto Fan Expo is even more crowded. Once you got to the main hall you literally could not go where you wanted to, you needed to follow the sea of people.

If Celebrity isn't charging a fortune for Stallone, I just might have to place an order

It would be worth not having to deal with the crowds especially if he does not allow inscriptions.  Christopher Lloyd did not inscribe last year and William Shatner traditionally does not as well.

I'm guessing he will. Higher-end celebrities will charge A LOT. Here in Toronto, hockey is the big thing so people like Bobby Orr and Gordie Howe charged like $300 for autographs (these packages included a few other things like a photo with them.) From what I know, most of these higher end celebrities charge so much thats it is cheaper to just buy their autograph online. For example, I see authentic Gordie Howe signed books/pucks selling for $50 (sometimes even less) but you need to pay $100 for him to sign that at a signing.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service