We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 3773

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure what you mean Eric. This is the only Schulz autograph I have.

If I am collecting an autograph I create a dedicated file containing as many authentic examples and known forgery styles as I can find. How else can you take part in the authentication process? Only then will I purchase - when I can see it myself. I don't use 3rd parties for anything and have no trouble selling my graphs w/o papers or stickers. Homework is everything. I don't believe a third party authenticator cares as much as I do about my graphs - and I have no stockholder to answer to.

Terrific advice. It's crazy thinking how the value of a autograph can really depend on the opinion of a TPA in most transactions (you see it all the time in Pawn Stars, namely) regardless of whether they are right or wrong. 

Tpa's can be a grubby part of the hobby esp, when Autograph groups will only let you sell if you have a certain coa! 

I've never actually submitted anything as part of a full authentication to any of the TPA's (although I have done a few QUICK OPINIONS).  

Is there a way of requesting the name or names of the individuals who examined your piece on behalf of the company?  I know the company heads sign off on the letters but I would think it helpful to know who made the judgement.

From my experience of contacting Beckett I was never able to directly speak to their staff at HQ. I would always get transferred to their offshore support center and they were never particularly helpful. 

I'm sorry to hear that, Dennis.

I didn't realize that it was so difficult to get in contact with them. Those authentications are not something they are doing out of the goodness of their own hearts.  I would think as a paying customer you should have some kind of helpful access and be able to have your questions taken seriously and resolved.

I don't think that is their model.

Thank you for your empathy Etienne!

It was a really sketchy experience overall. I was surprised that Beckett would use these offshore support centers as their customer service team (which is understandable; thousands of submissions have to be examined at their offices in Dallas). I felt as though the agents I spoke to over the phone were unqualified in this sort of business. However, I'm grateful that I got some valuable advice from this site. 

I guess I also didn't realize that Beckett is a big business concern.  They are not eBay or some monster corporation like that...or maybe they are.

I was once able to speak to a JSA authenticator who was inconclusive about an autograph that I submitted.

What did they say?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service