We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Any thoughts on these signed CD's off eBay?

Tags: 03855, 84205494, A71878, A71907, A71908, A78561, AE01730, AE01731, AE01732, AE01733, More…AE01829, AG03423, AH02231, AH02232, AH02234, BB19004, BB41712, BB84316, Iconic, Mccartney, Philfatt0, Ringo, XX19938, XX19939, a-cheerful-fellow, advancedbuyersmarkets, allthingsthatrock, anappy86, autographbay, autographs_for_sale, bajag, beatles, beatletone, charlifusar_0, derfknew, handsignedautographs, kellya44, livehorn, markutpremiersignaturesfl, nrs861, presspasscollectibles, richan_9623, seltaeb1966, signatureinvestments, templeofgreatness, thebeatlesforever

Views: 25114

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to add one more thought on this. I believe this site is best at offering solid, unbiased opinions on autographs. Members here have no skin in the game nor do we charge for our time and opinions. Money can skew the best of intentions and there is a lot of money involved in this hobby.

Those who live strictly by the opinions of a TPA will eventually run into problems here and there. To get the full experience of autograph collecting one has to become a student of the subject. There are no shortcuts.

I have paid for a TPA opinion less than a handful of times over many years so I have little reason to defend them. I do believe they do a decent job in an impossible to please everyone situation.

Some of you may remember my posts where I put Beckett to the test and also put different authenticators against one another, but my thought process has changed quite a bit since then, I honestly feel if something is authenticated from a high ranking TPA then I honestly feel it’s fine to buy it or sale it, after all there the ones being paid to give an opinion on it and unfortunately those opinions are very expensive depending on what the item is, I also believe it’s ok to disagree with ther opinions but it’s not ok to try to sabotage someone’s sales over it, especially if its pre authenticated, take for instance I’ve gotten (Kevin Durant basketball player ) signature in person more times then I can count, same with a few boxing legends as well, if I see something that’s already psa or Beckett authenticated that looks a bit off I still might purchase it depending if I can get a decent deal, I’m not saying every coa is always 100% right I’m only saying if you paid for the service of a TPA and it comes back as likely genuine it’s probably safe to sale it without being sabotaged for it, after all you did your best to make sure the future buyer is somewhat protected by having it certified, just my 2 cents 

I would say that if it has been authenticated by a high-ranking TPA that has a 100% accuracy rate, it’s always fine to buy or sell it. If I’m considering purchasing an authenticated forgery and someone sabotages the sale, I would thank that person.

"...a 100% accuracy rate..."

Although I don't use or need any, I'd love to know who that would be! ;)

But isn’t everything just an opinion? From Epperson, Cox tracks , psa, frank, it’s all opinions right? Just like yours and just like mines it all comes down to opinions, who’s to say even you BallroomDays67 might be wrong about an item And they the TPA might be right with there “opinions” I’m not saying I don’t value your opinion cause you already know I do from my pm to you, I as always I appreciate your help and taking the time to reach out to me on all mya questions, I’m just saying it always comes down to the buyer to make his or hers best judgments, now if we’re talking about Fake COAs now that’s a topic that’s really needs to be discussed as much as possible, but I honestly don’t see anything wrong with someone taking a gamble on a signature and then sending it to psa/Beckett and selling it if it passes, after all that’s why these TPA experts  get paid the big bucks hahaha 

I’m not sure what you mean by “even you.” In any case, we’re discussing a particular issue in which there’s substantial evidence of a problem, and it isn’t just my opinion. 

I have a fake Michael Jackson autograph that was authenticated by one of the TPAs mentioned in your post. Should I go ahead and sell it? I paid to have it authenticated. hahaha

Exactly. Like a PSA secretarial "Gleason". Sell? No. If there is a serious question raised, I won't sell. YMMV.

So there passing secretarial Gleasons? Is this still going on today or is this psa from years back? I would think that things that pass today or more likely authentic from a Technical advantages

I don't know about today. However, as of now, about half the "Gleason's" on their "Facts" page are obviously secretarials executed by Sydell Spear C. 1970's to 1987 (the name my own discovery), or forgeries of same. :(  I would not trust any TPA with any truly vintage Gleason. They likely won't know what they are looking at. It would be a crap shoot and I 'ain't' paying for it.

PS - this is not "an opinion" - it can be proven. Secretarials.

I just re read my own comment, it sounded rude when it was a compliment 

i meant I know your very knowledgeable about certain signatures that’s all I meant, 

Apologies for the way it was written, it was a complement to your knowledge on certain artists, 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service