We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Supposedly signed in Germany in 1971.

I´m not an expert but I sure do have a pretty good feeling about these signatures.

What do you guys think?

Views: 3983

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What do you all think about the Beatles autographs I posted in a discussion the other day?

I had a signed program from 1971 and the signatures here look nothing like them.  Notice how the Richard Wright and Gilmour sigs both go uphill the same way even when neither one really needed to.

No way those are real..especially the mason, Wright and Gilmour....sorry..and YES, I DO have a number of in person signed items from 1981 through 2007

(this is in response to the post by A,B>  that posted the separate cards signed by each member)

h

g

gg

YES..becausee the internet..posted my ONE post 4X..so  I went to remove the other 3 repeats and it said I cant do that...so I removed the same post 3 more times and just put in 1 letter...blame the glitches in on line technology... I didn;t want the same post appearing 4X...i could NOT delete the other posts,..I tried...so that should answer that question. And if it posts this one 4X when I hit reply...it will stay up 4X

The guy who said he has obtained the Pink Floyd sigs in person also states to have obtained the following sigs in person. What do you say? I would like to check his overall credibility.

1) Deep Purple:Ian Gillan,Ritchie Blackmore,Jon Lord,Roger Glover + Ian Paice from November 1970

2) John Mayall Band: John Mayall ,Larry Taylor (Ex Canned Heat Bassist) , Keef Hartley (drums) and Jimmy McCullogh from September 1971

3) Alexis Korner und Peter Thorup

To make a long story short...if the above sigs are genuine, then (imo) there is no way in the world the guy would forge the Pink Floyd sigs. If not, I would believe the guys here who say the Pink Floyd set is not legit.

I cannot comment on the OTHER autographs you posted..NO ONE I know has gotten RITCHIE BLACKMORE>..he just isnt around in the USA very often....Some of the others you posted to my eye.look GOOD..but on these groups you posted I am NOT anywayt an expert...let others tell you....as to the FLOYD graphs..>Waters looks good--but it is on its own card...i have NEVER seen Gilmour sign the way it is signed on your card, and Masons exaggerations and extra 'flair' on the last name... really make me suspicisious . As to Wright...for years (in over  25 years...he doesnt WRITE his name..it is basically an "R" followed by a lot of flowing lines..and a W.. followed again by scrawly lines....he doesnt write out the letters RICK WRIGHT..he just did not in MANY years..what year does this gut claim these 4 graphs of FLOYD are from? ....Again..I am higly suspect on all of thosegraphs except the Waters.

He supposedly obtained the autographs on June 4th 1971 after a show at Philipshalle, Dusseldorf, Germany

They did not really sign classic cards. The Waters is on a 4,7"x4,7" piece of paper.

The others are on the front and back of a 8,3"x5,5" piece of paper.

The had a lot of room on the papers to sign in a relaxed atmosphere (after an interview). May be that´s why the sigs look atypical and "unusually" long and fancy.

As you can see on one hand I would love the sigs to be authentic, on the other hand I know that bad sigs are bad sigs. They just do not seem that bad to me, and imo there are quite a few reasons why these could be absolute authentic yet unusual signatures.

I admit that the sigs seem not to be spot on at the first view...but I also see the possibilty that GENUINE autographs might be deemed forged a little to easily here, which would be as bad as deeming forged sigs genuine....or even worse than that.

So these were all obtained after interviews in a casual atmosphere...

Then why are they all signed on both sides? Was he that short on paper? Why all the different colored pens if they were done on the same day? Did he not have a pen either? Something just doesn't add up here.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service