We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Supposedly signed in Germany in 1971.

I´m not an expert but I sure do have a pretty good feeling about these signatures.

What do you guys think?

Views: 3978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This just could be a SMART forger....colored pens...cheap paper...there are ways to check BOTH the age of the PAPER and PEN to see if it was REALLy signed as many years ago as 1971....paper and pen check..there are a number of forensic experts who can really tell how OLD the paper and pen used are..I CANNOT. I can only tell you 3 of the 4 graphs look suspicious...

Does anyone else have signed Floyd items dated from 70-72 era that MATCH  the mASON, GILMOUR and WRIGHT on these signed pieces of paper?

@Mr.Zipper

No, I was talking about the Pink Floyd sigs only, because these are the only ones I know the story behind of. I don´t know if the others have been obtained after an interview, too. Could find that out though, I guess.

The guy is 61 years old (according to his email address with the year 1950 after his name in it) he has a perfect 977 feedback on ebay and has never sold a single autographed item before (and I have checked about all 67 feedback pages he has!) and he has only sent me the pics of his other signed items (which weren´t listed on ebay with the Pink Floyd papers), because I have asked him if he had other signed items he might wants to sell as well.

It just doesn´t add up that he sells fake autographs all of a sudden.

But I certainly understand your point.

I don't think the Deep Purple are genuine. I have seen a lot of old and sloppy autographs from them, but these seems to be way off.

John Mayall and Alexis Korner looks good to me.

Not to rehash this one - but the Floyd signatures are indeed authentic - very accurate for 1971.

I did not know Roger and David got along this well. With much respect to Seamus, I am with Steve Z.

Dave signed extremely sloppy but I don’t doubt he signed it

There is nothing in common with Roger and David in these overlaps. They are two different hands and styles. 

Perhaps. I believe this is Steve's point, literally:

Eric - with all due respect, there is nothing in common with those two signatures either. There are multiple examples in my files that match to these styles. David is the only signature which is a bit irregular but there’s plenty of good to call it authentic. Both Richard and Roger are independently authentic. Just look at the example I provided above, which was also signed in the 71 period. Almost spot on matches

Let's agree to disagree. :)

I’d love to own this set :) I’m sure that the seller who got them IP has a great story behind them as well

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service