We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi, could anyone please help me with this signature and whether Kennedy signed it. I'm new to this site and never have dived into Kennedy stuff, especially signed stuff from his. My aunt brought it with her all the way from Connecticut and, from what I've heard, was owned by my Grandfather who was a supporter of Kennedy. I'm guessing it was signed in 1963 since the directory came out in 1963. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Views: 433

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This does not look authentic to me.

Thanks for the input!

JFK had many different signature styles over the years...many.  Unfortunately, I have never seen one like this before.   Do you know how your grandfather might have acquired it?

Not sure, sadly he has passed away. What I've heard from my family members was that he was there for Kennedy's speech in New Haven in 1962. Wish I could find out how he acquired it. All I know about it was that it was found with a Kennedy Johnson poster in storage. Either way, thanks for helping.

...from what I've heard, was owned by my Grandfather who was a supporter of Kennedy. I'm guessing it was signed in 1963 since the directory came out in 1963...."

"...What I've heard from my family members was that he was there for Kennedy's speech in New Haven in 1962...."

Unless a typo, a potential problem apart from the quite atypical signature. From what I can see the publication date is January 1963. The date of the speech is you mention appears to be June 11, 1962. I think. Member Herman Darvick is very, very good with presidential signatures.  Perhaps post a message on his wall..

Oh no, I was saying that he was there during his speech in New Haven. I really do not know how he got the signature after that. Thanks for referring me to Herman, I'll ask him. 

I ve seen one very much like that on white house stationary, I cant say whether he had to many secretaries writing for him back then but heres the photo

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service