Priscilla Presley - Softly, As I Leave You: Life After Elvis—A Memoir Signed

"Priscilla Presley's Personal Autograph Inside Book." $35.

https://premierecollectibles.com/presley

Tags: Presley, Priscilla

Views: 3007

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

People can technically collect anything. When I was a kid I had friends that collected newspaper and magazine clippings of certain people. I know for a fact people collect preprints as still being an "official release" by the celebrity... and even though he's a fictional character, Egon collected spores molds and fungus...

Whatever makes you happy is what is important and respected. The reason why you might receive backlash on here about it is this is specifically an autograph forum. We weed those types of items out.. This websites slogan here is even "Authenticity is Everything" no one will be against you  if you are happy, but its not an acceptable practice for these items to even be created unless specifically marketed as a facsimile. Its the celebrity or publishers intentions that cause anger.

That’s the problem to the untrained eye as John Virgo said, if you know who he is, I’d wager a vast majority don’t know the difference between a pre print, a secretarial, autopen etc because truth be told, I wouldn’t - the only way I’d know as would anyone is if the talent was right there in front of me but I live in the UK so meeting talent of a said pedigree is hard - you can’t meet John Travolta walking down the streets of Kempshott and for the record, Ghostbusters is a class film.

I agree what is important is your happiness - I fully get this is an autograph forum and I’ve been a member on here for at least fifteen years and I am fully in agreeance that authenticity is very important - I’ve been stung multiple times over fifteen years I’d estimate through my own negligent ways that at least 1/3 or maybe give and take a bit more, may be bogus. 

I can’t say I’m thrilled but at the same time I just haven’t had the time to go through it all and sort it and to be honest, I’m not too fussed as it’s not really at this stage caused me a lot of distress and I’ve other things going on that are more attentive for me but the key thing is for the most part I kept receipts so when I have a chance I can go through them all but some of the businesses no longer exist that may be questionable items as I’m not saying indefinitely the ones I see as questionable are bogus. 

Still, everyone will have their different views on what to do with fake items, some may keep them, others may act but as a community, it’s always best to ask first before committing and that’s something I should’ve done in the past but didn’t, that’s down to me and it’s something I fully encourage to try and prevent forgeries from reaching your front door.

I truly feel terrible you have been stung so much.  We don't like hearing that on here. Ive dealt with living rural for a while and know your pain but still made occasional trips (spnt a small fortune sometimes) to hunt someone I wanted. Im in the middle of a move now and will be much closer, but St Louis isn't LA or NY.. 

Have you tried writing to celebrities? Lots of risk but its only a few stamps lost if nothing comes back. Fun way to still stay connected without breaking the bank. Ive gotten back into it myself mostly to encourage my daughter who is also excited about autographs. In reality its just my way of improving her writing skills while learning pop culture and some tv history.

Ah it’s ok mate I have around 89-90 autographs and I’d imagine a good chunk aren’t real around 50% potentially - I’m not saying definitively that they are it’s just a vibe I get so I don’t want to commit to that as a fact - I’ve been through UACC RACC dealers etc and I know anyone can hide behind credentials sometimes and knowingly sell fakes and there are those who inadvertently sell forgeries which happened to me last year. I know most dealers will be legit but there is nothing to stop as I say folk hiding behind organisational reputabiluty and sell forgeries but that is a thought rather than a fact but I’m sure it does and has happened before. 

it’s great you have access to celebrities as I say in the uk it’s much tougher. 

I used  to do through the mail autographs many years ago and I agree at the cost of a stamp to get a potentially real signature is much better than spending in some cases multiple hundreds or even thousands of pounds for a potentially bogus item. It was actually something I considered recently. I can’t say how many TTM I have gained in the years maybe 50+ never had any of my autographs properly authenticated as I know I should it’s just a time consuming costly venture and I’m unemployed but I tend to only buy through certain companies these days. 

This was my Priscilla I know you’ve done analysis Matt but thought you may be interested 

Thanks for sharing it. I’ll add it in to the collection that I still have. I’ll try and take a look against some others when I get a chance and see if anything interesting. 

Thanks 

RSS

Get Our Newsletter

Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

© 2026   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service