We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

PSA Cert Card Scam -- George Harrison "signed" LP Should have FULL PSA LETTER

Seller emmcni-0 is probably printing out his own cert cards as this LP should have full PSA Letter as the value is way over 50 bucks. He did the same with some McCartney LPs recently.  PSA database shows no picture for this. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Beatles-George-Harrison-autographed-Al...

Views: 1866

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I bought eBay item number 153278083779 from this seller, Paul McCartney "Let It Be" Vinyl...I have only just bloody started to build my collection up! I thought PSA/DNA were cast iron?!

Should I take a picture of it and send it to PSA/DNA to confirm? I have just started asking Roger Epperson to take a look at my collection, he liked a Jimmy Page & Madonna magazine I had but haven't sent this to him yet.

Worried much!!!!!

Based on the appearance of the signature and the fact that it's a COA rather than a LOA, you're absolutely right to be worried. I would definitely start by inquiring with PSA. A PSA cert isn't a cast iron guarantee of authenticity even when it's legit.

I'd return it back to the seller as I believe he is printing up his own cert cards and stickers. Check his past sales and listings -- he has many PSA certed items that should come with FULL LETTER LOAs as they are well over 50 bucks. Call PSA as well and alert them to this scam. 

I can't return it without evidence, I will need to speak with PSA/DNA. I contacted eBay and they say I can open a return but since the item is authenticated by their chosen authentication service the seller has every right to refuse. I will hold off opening the return just incase it comes back as bogus from PSA/DNA, I will have more ammunition that way. 

Typical. Just typical!

Yes, call PSA and tell them you suspect the guy is printing up his own cert cards and labels. Hopefully they'll be able to check your item and they will find it should come with full letter (LOA)  As according to their website any autographed item valued over $50.00 HAS to have their LOA letter. 

If it’s true that a PSA cert voids eBay’s money back guarantee, that would be very disturbing.

Michael Kasmar from Autograph Pros used PSA/DNA for years. I’ll see if he can join the discussion and share what he knows about when things got COAs or LOAs over the years and what years certain COA numbers were issued.

Here is a pic of the very suspect "Let it Be" and a Michael Jackson that should also have the full letter and looks off. Someone paid 1700 bucks for this!  Of course -- no photos for both these items on the PSA website so no way to verify.   Also found a fake Michael Jordan Jersey he sold recently with bogus COA. 

PSA announced their square COA on June 27, 2007. The one in the photo they used started with 'G'. That's probably the first letter in the series but I can't say for sure.

If this was already posted and I missed it, sorry.

RichieG, if your McCartney-signed Let it Be is the one Bruce Juice posted, this may get eBay to refund you:

PSA/DNA did not put holograms on their COAs until August 2012, and based on the photo in their press release, the first ones had COA numbers starting with S, and your started with P:

Here's the article on Sports Collectors Daily: https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/psadna-adds-embedded-hologram...

PSA/DNA didn't change to the square COAs until 2007, apparently starting with G serial numbers:

This will hopefully be proof enough for eBay.

Brilliant, I have sent an email off to PSA and I will call them tomorrow from here in the UK.

I will forward what you have stated to eBay as the item certainly does have the hologram affixed thus meaning it should most certainly have a LOA, my partner has also just noticed that on the reverse of the card there is a date of 2016 Collectors Universe, Inc.

I really should have educated myself better, only got myself to blame.

Thank you for the help.

Richie,

Could you please take high-resolution photos or scans of the COA front and back and the holographic sticker on the album? If you can scan the COA as high resolution as you can, I can probably determine how it was produced, and PSA can compare it to the print pattern on the real ones.

Please take high resolution photos at a few angles, too, so we can try to determine what the stickers are made of and how they're adhered. You'll help protect other collectors.

Thanks

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service