We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

PSA Cert Card Scam -- George Harrison "signed" LP Should have FULL PSA LETTER

Seller emmcni-0 is probably printing out his own cert cards as this LP should have full PSA Letter as the value is way over 50 bucks. He did the same with some McCartney LPs recently.  PSA database shows no picture for this. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Beatles-George-Harrison-autographed-Al...

Views: 1866

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I spoke with an eBay representative on Live Chat this Morning and explained the situation, they have confirmed that should I open a return request I will be given my money back. I opened the request this morning and stated all the facts, so the seller will now be aware he is rumbled. 

Steve, what I intend to do is ask for my money back before I return the Vinyl, I will go on the offensive and make the seller fully aware of the potential repercussions he is facing should this play out how I see and I am hoping to "keep the peace" he will simply refund me to make me go away. What I suggest is that I return the Vinyl to him and I will send you the PSA/DNA certificate, you can then liaise with PSA/DNA and conduct your own research at will?

Once the money is back in my PayPal I am happy to even snip around the small PSA/DNA sticker on the item and send this to you also? I can just tell him that PSA/DNA requested it?

I don't have a scanner and the images I tried to take on my phone are just not very good? Let me know?

Thanks
Richie

Hi Richie,

I'm very glad to hear eBay is going to refund your money. Good job!

Be sure to follow eBay's instructions. They will make sure you get your money back.

I would very much appreciate the counterfeit COA, thank you. I would not do anything to the album or sticker because that could void your refund.

Thanks for helping us. I really appreciate it.

Richie,

Are you following this? Tony Koranda bought the exact same Let it Be you bought.

You need to get a very high-resolution scan of your album and COA to help us figure out if you have the original forgery or a copy of the forgery. 2400 DPI preferably. Any Kinkos and most Staples stores can do it.

And most 10 year olds.

BTW, the B series COA apparently had Spence and Grad signatures on them. Spence left in 2005. I don't know when Joe Orlando's signature was used but there's good chance not after Spence left.

Not only are autographs confusing, but now PSA certs are?  I must admit, I am lost in all this.

I asked Steve Grad a question about PSA/DNA's COAs and LOAs. He read the discussion and asked me to post this info. Grad is in italics:

This person found a George Harrison with that number and made a card. Even then with that B cert which was roughly 2003 we would have issued a letter for that Harrison.

Because of our technology constraints in Pennsylvania most images never got uploaded.

Our psa/dna office was there (in Penn.) till Oct 2004.

Regarding Richie G's McCartney with a P certificate: Grad said P's were authenticated about 2010. It would have gotten an LOA, and COAs didn't have holographic stickers until 2012, as you can see from the Aug. 2012 report by Sports Collectors Daily.

We have had for years people finding a cert Number that didn’t have a photo and they would just make a cert and do what that guy is doing.

I now the B cert cards were bigger too

They were not small like that one you just showed me. [The current square ones.]

From about 2001 range PSA/DNA was run out of Orwigsburg, PA...Spence’s house.

In Oct 2004 the operation was moved to Ca where I took over, altho Spence still had his office they would close that in early January 2005.

Grad said that every authentic autograph got a LOA with a photo until about May 2003, except for about 20,000 Kobe Bryant private signing autographs in 2002 that they issued rectangular COAs for. In fact, the minimum certification fee was $50 until the COAs came out in 2003.

If you have any more questions, ask me and I'll ask him.

Good detective work -- I KNEW the guy was a crook and printing his own cert cards (or buying them from someone who is). Either way the seller knows they are fake. 

This seller is actually a woman.  I bought a few of the McCartney's and started a case with eBay/Paypal a week ago after reading Bruce's post with the crappy Harrison shown above.  I sent her an email telling her about the fake certs and she never responded.  So I called eBay and raised hell.  Shortly after she unlisted the Harrison, Queen and several others.  I am still waiting to hear back and may have to issue a complaint on IC3.gov with FBI.

Tony,

More information has come out to show that these are clearly fraudulent. At least the ones we’ve discussed.

If you post yours there is a good chance that we will be able to give you enough information to get a refund from eBay. Include the COAs.

See attached scans.

Attachments: No photo uploads here

That's the same Let It Be that was purchased by RichieG?

Tony,

I was about to ask what Ballroom said. It appears you bought the same Let it Be that RichieG purchased. Can you post a link to the listing or the listing number?

Here's the one RichieG bought:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-McCartney-Autographed-Let-It-Be-Album...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service