We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Just got a Gotham poster off ebay cast signed. Did a quick opinion through PSA and GA

Came back from PSA likely not genuine and from GA likely genuine. Compared signatures to known PSA certified ones and they look legit to me.

Soon as I get this in I would like to send out to get authenticated. Who do you recommend?

JSA, PSA or GA. Or any others?

Here is a list of the autographs

1. Ben McKenzie……James Gordon 

2 Donal Logue……Harvey Bullock

3.  David Mazouz……Bruce Wayne (AKA Batman)

4.  Sean Pertwee……Alfred Pennyworth

5.  Robin Lord Taylor……Oswald Cobblepot (AKA The Penguin)

6.  Camren Bicondova……Selina Kyle (AKA Catwoman)

7.  Cory Michael Smith……Edward Nygma (AKA The Riddler)

8.  Nicholas D'Agosto……Harvey Dent (AKA Two Face)

9.  Jada Pinkett Smith……Fish Mooney

10.  John Doman……Carmine Falcone

11.  Erin Richards……Barbara Kean

12.  Zabryna Guevara……Sarah Essen

13.  Victoria Cartagena……Renee Montoya

14.  Andrew Stewart-Jones……Crispus Allen

15.  Danny Cannon……Producer, Director, Writer

16.  Bruno Heller……Producer, Writer

17.  John Stephens……Producer, Writer

Thanks for your insight.

Jason

Tags: (AKA, 1., 10., 11., 12., 13., 14., 15., 16., 17., More…2., 3., 4., 5., 6., 7., 8., 9., Allen, Andrew, Batman, Batman), Ben, Bicondova……Selina, Bruno, Bullock, Camren, Cannon……Producer, Cartagena……Renee, Catwoman), Cobblepot, Cory, D'Agosto……Harvey, Danny, David, Dent, Director, Doman……Carmine, Donal, Erin, Essen, Face), Falcone, Gordon, Gotham, Guevara……Sarah, Heller……Producer, Jada, John, Kean, Kyle, Logue……Harvey, Lord, Mazouz……Bruce, McKenzie……James, Michael, Montoya, Mooney, Nicholas, Nygma, Penguin), Pennyworth, Pertwee……Alfred, Pinkett, Richards……Barbara, Riddler), Robin, Sean, Smith……Edward, Smith……Fish, Stephens……Producer, Stewart-Jones……Crispus, Taylor……Oswald, The, Two, Victoria, Wayne, Writer, Zabryna

Views: 2862

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you even read this thread?

What part are you referring to?
People on here saying it's "too good to be true" etc "get your money back"
I mean people should compare the autos if they want to comment on an autograph

The inquiry was on which TPA to use to get this authenticated, so I wasn't sure if you were following what the original question was.  

Oh yes sorry I should have made it clear what I was talkmg about.

It's just a peeve of mine - we tell people judge the autograph yet here is a case of not judging the autograph

Well, I think this thread may have swayed a few different ways, but the general sentiments are valid:

1) GA is straight garbage and should be completely avoided when using TPAs to cert an item. Given their tendency to mass authenticate forgeries, their sticker and cert should - at the very least - be treated with extra skepticism. 

2) PSA is much better but hardly perfect.  Not even close in fact.   

3) If you have any provenance/evidence/info on the original signing, keep all of that together.  Personally, I like to know where the autographs I buy came from, regardless of how spot on they are.

I agree Rich.  Well said.

Ha!  I still answer PSA to that original question.  Thank you for reminding us Rich.

The information we had in the beginning was that Mr. Ortiz had merely bought the poster on eBay with no particulars given on the seller. I stated that the poster had the "appearance of being too good to be true" not that it was too good to be true there is a big difference.  I try to choose my words carefully.  When he later told who he purchased the poster from it made more sense than some random eBay seller having a poster with that many perfect signatures on it. I neither said it was good nor bad merely not to take much stock in a quick opinion, and to seek the opinions of others on here before spending money on a COA or LOA. 

The fact is is psa, if being cautious due to the "neatness" and since it's in the "same pen" they should have rendered the opinion as "unable to render a decision"

But then they can't take your money.  So that won't happen.

Makes no sense though because who would send something in they failed doing a QO?

Who knows how many they actually say are genuine.. they definitely err on the side of caution, I've seen many authentic items fail QO.. I don't think I've ever seen an authentic QO that I thought was fake.  I'm sure it happens, but its gotta be pretty rare.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service