We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Over $10,000.00 worth of Jackie Gleason stickered stuff available on EBAY. Would you pay $299.00 for this?:http://www.google.com/images?q=jackie+gleason+psa/dna&oe=utf-8&...

If people want to defend PSA/DNA then have at it...

Tags: jackie gleason, photo, psa, psa/dna, secretarial, signed

Views: 9538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are a few possibilities:  problems loading, a backlog, or, worst of all, all the info they were jotting down at the table got lost.  Who knows.

One issue I had before this:  I got a photo signed by Packers BJ Raji and Sam Shields.  I had one authentication ticket, since it was one item.  The guy stopped me and said, "You have two autographs, you need two tickets."  I was kind of surprised (seriously, how stupid is that), then the guy sitting next to him said, "Nevermind, you're fine."  It didn't look like they jotted any info down but rather just put the sticker on my photo and moved me along.  It was right around there when I though things might not be going so well.

On MM's Facebook page, I heard similar grumblings about the way they handled things.  PSA/DNA was one of the most criticized things about the show.

LOL, I haven't checked forever . . . to be honest, I probably shouldn't have bothered with PSA anyway.  I'm a huge Packer fan and have little interest in ever selling it.

I should give it another look though soon . . .

I don't have a problem with PSA/DNA authenticating my autographed items.  I do have a problem with the price they charge for authenticating the items, and the prices they charge for grading and encapulating cards in hard plastic.  $8 per item to authenticate an autographed item?  Why not $5?  And don't get me started on graded cards!  They are way too expensive to purchase!  Getting cards graded by PSA/DNA is so expensive that alot of dealers don't even bother doing it!
A good deal of the stuff with basic certs from PSA or JSA I see on places like eBay, I wouldn't buy. Predominately the moderately priced classic Hollywood items. It feels like a rubber stamp sometimes honestly. I think they get a lot better when one goes into a higher price range.
Could someone please post side-by-side cropped comparisons of genuine and secretarial Jackie Gleasons?
This is without any question or debate an Authentic Gleason.  It may not be the only one but there is no question as to it's authenticity.

when all else fails take a look at;

http://www.isitreal.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=viewlin... our pal Rolf's view of the world now go back and look at the Authentic Gleason above with regards to the "JA".  As depicted on this site there are apparently  other authentics.   However,  what is so striking is to think the exemplars being used by PSA/DNA and surely other dealers (who portend to know what they are doing) all over the place are using inaccurate examples.

So again, I ask why?  SC, I realize you are not in charge but how has this hobby gotten so bad with exemplars that fly in the face of authenticity - especially by those who are suppose to know what they are doing?

and therein lies the problem Mike with TTM and a bunch of auction sites.

Greg, nada - mike was saying inperson and therein lies the problem.  What is more problematic is these freakin exemplars in play.  If you notice the one you had listed as authentic with the J not touching the A which in turn contradicts a portion of the ISitReal observations...

then you have this one from R&R AUction that has a pre-cert from Grad.

which looks like it fits the acceptable level. 

Where I have the problem is with Joe Orlando's approach who has indicated, "when new exemplars come into play we will examine blah blah blah"  which is frankly BS corporate dbltalk.  I recently sent onto "higher authorities & pay grades" a distinction where PSA clearly blessed a CHALL but then a CHAR.  Big Companies with big calunes ISSUE RECALLS and that is what is radically MISSING with PSA/DNA and needs to be corrected.

Maybe they ought to stick with Pre-Certs.

the good news is that it comes from autographworld and they have always stood behind what they have sold.

It's become such big bizness with supply and demand they don't care as by the time someone finds out it's fake it's way too late.

thus, if u don't get it in person, presume it's fake.

greg. one has to build a case on secretarials ala zipper and others rather than just simply posting IYO one that doesn't seem to fit the mold.  Not that your observations are not on target.  However, it would be good to build a consensus otherwise u start sounding like ROSTE and his selective memory.  U are far from Roste btw.

so, as I noted they seem to have gotten one right...  how many -vs- submitted, timetables and any other G2 before we form a lynchmob?

greg, remember though Mike Baker's name (like Orlandos) is what is imprinted on the coa.  Not defending the head of the ship of GAI at that time as you are responsible for their actions.  We know how that went toward the end.  I read somewhere (maybe I kept it) that in his own words he indicated the "pressure of maintaining revenues" as a factor.  Sounds like something many of us have heard before and the actions it sets off are not favorable to collectors.    We can argue this but I for one don't lump GA in with the former GAI.  I realize the connection and so on but I don't think it's fair to paint them with a broard brush stroke at this juncture.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service