We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Does anyone know why the partially-signed "White album" was pulled from Bonhams sale this week?

It was signed by three of the Beatles, including John and Paul. Not totally sure of the third but I think it was George. The estimate was a whopping £80 - 100k.

If anyone copied an image of it before it was pulled that would be interesting to see too. It doesn't appear to be in the pdf catalogue and is not in the relevant department's auction preview either. 

Views: 1382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When the estimate is £80 - 100k you would think they would check everything very carefully indeed. Ironically, it would be a much more desirable item to me with just the real John and Paul on it. I think Tracks sold or auctioned a John and Paul "White album" once. There was no inscription but I don't think the estimate was this high.

Yeah,...the John & Paul look OK...the Ringo was done by Neil Aspinall....

Frank had a "White Album" signed by both John & Paul in the mid 1970's.. Priced at $20,000...he sold it.

That must have been the one I was thinking of. From the file name I assume it was listed in 2009. This was it:

That's the one!!!

that Lennon was signed at WFIL and the later by Paul. Caiazzo COA. Beautiiful piece

Tracks did actually auction a fully-signed White album in 2013. Apparently it made £136,800, which presumably included premiums etc. Below are a link to some further info and an image of the album:

https://www.thewhitealbumproject.com/articles/beatles-white-album-s...

The collector who had that LP signed actually had TWO LPs signed that day.  I will post a better image of the second LP if I can track it down....but for now....here is a poor image of it.

Lucky guy! The signatures on the second LP look remarkably similar to those on the first - apart from John's. I'm not implying that something is amiss, just making an observation. I don't recall seeing John dating an autograph in the way he has in these two examples. Again, just an observation.

I think my eyes must be playing tricks on me (see auction of 14 - 30 June):

https://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/

Apparently the OP album is now authenticated by Roger and Frank.

What do you find surprising about it? 

A couple of things:

1. That the seller got so far with Bonhams before (presumably) deciding to go with another auction house.

2. That the album is apparently now authenticated. It could be, of course, that the authentication does not cover the Ringo or that the Ringo was fine all along. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service