We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hey guys! I would probabaly like to buy myself for my birthday this Ray Charles autograph..is it genuine in your eyes?Cheers, Christian:)

Because Innuendo on this website said that his Freddie Mercury signature was fake...so I am curious..

Tags: Charles, Ray

Views: 12076

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You will never every see a stamp identical to this autograph ever. My friend met Ray Charles along with virtually every star that came into Birmingham in 1963, you did not. I can show you an autograph from virtually anyone who played live in this city during that year. Feel free to test me with an example. I appreciate your opinion but thats all it is an opinion. 

Happy to give anyone who finds an stamped autograph identical this $1000. I'm sure if he was stamping like this that more than one would exist. As the two autographs I've got are slightly different then he must have been using multiple stamps! Anyway if you can find a stamped one identical to this then let me know and $1000 is yours. I won't hold my breath. 

I would like to know MR. Phil! The musically yours was it already on it when Ray Charles signed it..or after it..and if after who put it on..your where mentioning another guy who was there probably a manager or so..and from whom did MR. Paul get this postcard from..Charles or whom?Thank you:)

Hi Christian. Ray was there with one other man who had the cards. Who knows who the other man was we can only guess. The cards were pre-stamped or printed with "musically yours".  Paul used to carry around a wad of papers and items to get signed so they would have offered Ray their own items to sign. Sometimes the artist had promo cards and they signed those. In this case Paul said the other guy had a batch of cards and he took out two for Ray to sign for Paul and his friend and then Ray signed one more item for each of them. In Paul's case he signed an end of year NME and we don't know what he signed for his friend but they both had a card signed and one personal item each. These cards were carried around for autographs so clearly on that first UK tour he was signing sometimes. Wind the clock back. its a sunny May afternoon in 1963 and he arrives at the venue and two harmless 15 year old English kids ask him for an autograph. 

I must agree with the others. I believe that looks like a stamp.

"I can imagine if Ray did use a stamp then it would be a stamp of a perfect autograph not of his real autograph." No, I believe it would be a stamp that looks like his normal signature.

"My friend met Ray Charles along with virtually every star that came into Birmingham in 1963, you did not." - Did you for this one? Your friend Paul got this? "Face to face" by someone elses...face... is different. This is also interesting. I will re-read.

So, if not a stamp - what type of pen creates this - marked by the white arrow on the last bit os "Charles" shown below in negative? I did not bother with the "MUSICALLY YOURS" as that is obviously stamped.

So why has no-one seen a stamp like this? I'll give $1000 to anyone who shows me an exact stamp version. The market would be awash with them. My friend actually met Ray face to face and got his autograph. I appreciate the detective work but you are guessing somewhat.  

Yeah, sure. But - forget about me, and all the stars you met (at other times, not for this postcard) and all - what pen causes that type of ink deposit highlighted? Why? There is more - I just went in on the last 2 letters.

Lets just talk about that ink deposit and how that happens and why. Why do the strokes have stronger "edges" on both sides of the width as a...stamp?

it was caused by the pen he used. Firstly these were taken face-to-face with him but if he was using a stamp elsewhere then no-one has ever seen a stamp like this and never will. I'll give a $1000 to the first person that shows me the same stamp. He also did four autographs that day of which two i've posted and they are all slightly different unless using different stamps perhaps??

Do a bit of research and come back to me with the name of anyone who played live in Birmingham UK in 1963 as i will probably have their autograph. In fact 1000+ taken through late 62 to early 64, all hand-written all taken face to face. Barely worth faking one 

I don't think either of these are real, either.

Thank you for your thoughts! I guess you are right..if I look at the both Rs in the Ebay Ray Chrles signed autograph..both Rs are totally different... the first R is too good..how did he succed to hit the line exactly in the middle of the R, with such a precision! Do you have guys a sample of real Ray Charles signatures.? or is it already somewhere in this group..so I have to reseach a bit?!Cheers, Chrsitian:)

Thanks again!:)

These are both Ray Charles that I consider real.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service