We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

There has been a lot of confusion lately about Elvis Presley autographs due to a discussion that was recently posted. Elvis is one of the hardest autographs to authenticate as he had so many styles of signatures. After 20+ years of studying his autograph even I can get fooled every once and awhile. What messes up the forger is greed. The autograph gets too consistant for Elvis and they get caught. Recently a VERY good forger popped up and fooled me and others. The good thing is before the forgeries could be sold we figured out the forgeries and put a stop to this person. As you will see in this post "Elvis was consistantly inconsistant in the way he signed and wrote". There are though things he always did that show through though. All I am going to do here is post authentic signatures. I won't be explaining them in any way, that will be for you to do to educate yourselves. I will answer some questions though if needed. Enjoy!

Views: 17113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/11/lot/2293/from/fi...

here's another one.

Roger, I understand that, but the similarities between these are too strong if you ask me. The R in Presley is always somehow touching the P which I haven't seen in other examples. The way the Y is written I have also seen in other examples from this seller.. This is all based on my memory, and not trying to start a p******-match with anyone. I do admire the work you do.

Steve, Yes I am 90% certain this piece sold on ebay.. But as I stated, I'm not an expert.

Steve,

WHY are you quoting my website?  

Kevin

"90% Certain...." Are you serious?  Never sold on eBay.   Based on your inclination to make wild guesses and assumptions, I sure hope you’re not a doctor.  Ignorance can indeed be dangerous.

Your memory needs a serious check. This was never sold on eBay.  
Also, has anyone here making all these outlandish opinions actually done an ANALYSIS?    Interesting I have not seen ANYONE refer to any of the extensive signature studies done, such as the Bill White Elvis study. ??

I think if you, especially Andreas, take about 20 minutes and meticulously analyze this signed photo with the study you will see very strong consistency, in Every variable in the study, including several areas usually missed by forgers

I'll send you a personal message.

Who are you? And what in the world are yu talking about?  Your comment makes no sense?

Grant, errr Greg,

Your BS and sincerity is a transparent as a strippers heels.

You again are not telling the truth.  Please tell me that I am wrong that you contacted Steve and told him you were going to use this Elvis item to prove me wrong and try to show me up.  Please tell me and the whole autograph world that this is not true.  Please a Grande Christian, The Van derhoven that I made that up.  Please contact RR Auctions and CTVtreasures that I'm a liar.  If you decide not to do that, please go away.  Your information and lack of truthfulness belongs on some other blog not here.

On Sept 10 The Van derhoven asked  "Why such a bitter response?"

Because you don't tell the truth!

Here are a few moreNote the mis-spelling of "always", this is the way he did it!So here you go another one with a downward pointing "P". 

Thanks Roger.

Very beautiful photo with a gorgeous KING.

I was the "winner" of the r&r auction Elvis autograph last month and was contacted immediately to let me know that the autograph was no longer deemed authentic. it has really made me hesitant to try to bid on another Elvis item. While I have been collecting for close to 20 years I have never gotten interested in authenticating an item for myself. It seems now the only Elvis autograph I can bring myself to feel comfortable with is a signed check, and these are quite a bit more expensive than I find myself wanting to spend. (at least the only one I see for sale is). Looking on eBay and seeing the coa's just makes my head spin. I got my Beatles autographs with Caiazzo authentication but can't seem to figure out if there is an Elvis signature expert out there that will make me feel more certain I am getting the real thing. This experience with R&R has just made me realize that even the auction houses I feel comfortable with still make mistakes so I don't know what to trust is real. Sure makes me wish I had now taken some time to study signatures instead of basing my buying only on others opinions. Has anyone out there seen any autographs for sale online that they feel comfortable with? My collection doesn't feel complete without him.

Another "classic" Koschal/Van derhoven tatic!

Let's take what Roger said out of context and use it against him in our favor.  Well Grant; I don't even have to look up that statement as it was made about Michael Jackson.  Michael did sign autographs by the hundreds the day before he died, Elvis didn't, he went to the dentist and signed nothing that night.

Very intelligent statement about Hendrix.  Now you are comparing a man who had only 3 years of fame to a man who had 23 years of fame and time to sign autographs.  Greg, your posts are ignorant ay best.  Now you and Koschal get together and find an original way to try to intimidate the educated authenticators.  This one is getting really old.

Hey Scott

What needs to be understood is everyone makes mistakes.  In your case 4 people looked at this as does EVERY Elvis item that comes from RR Auction and before the sale was completed the forgery was caught and no one got hurt.  Even Frank can make a mistake, he is human.  He is one of the best though but he only does 4 autographs, period, that's it.  He better be the best if that's all he does.  Now can you compare any authenticator to someone who only does 4 signatures, I think not?  There are though authenticators that are very good at what they do.  I believe RR Auction does the very best that can be done.  Please remember that even checks and documents are not always real either.  If you are not comfortable with a dealer then you have the choice not to buy from them but with the RR Auction team I believe you are in good hands.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service