We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Here's a signed poster that I'm sure most of you guys have already seen.It was sold on rr a while back and more recently on iconic.The first picture is of the piece in its original untouched condition.the second picture is of the same piece with major restoration work to it.The owner was asking me if I was Interested in buying it.With that kind of work done to a piece such as this,should I totally pass on it.How much can this effect the value?

Views: 4883

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wont stop people buying beatles if they have been to the paper restorer from what ive seen.
Someone will buy it.

High praise these days! ;)

Eric

so how would you know if your set of beatles x 4 sigs had been restored?

Observation, experience, UV light, older auction photographs and so on.

Restored and enhanced are two different things.

Eric

This is a REALLY good discussion!

Thank you, Paul H., for posting it. And to Paul with no H, Sling, Eric and anyone I may have missed...thank you for your opinions. 

You are welcome, Steve. It is the one of the many beautiful aspects of this site - everyone brings something different to the table. Strength in numbers. ;)

Eric

P.haki
I like it more than the previous photograph you posted. Its a matter of getting the visuals on it and determining whats been touch up etc.
They will always sell being the Beatles.

+1

Look at the "P" in "Paul" by the cello tape - the bottom of the vertical stroke is darker and cleaner, and the loop looks odd now - no longer a smooth curve, and lighter (the darkest spot has moved to the left)...and what is going on in that shadow on the right? Original on left, enhancement on right. I am calling it enhancement because in the OP I think it was said to go from so-so to near mint. That is not restoration.

Good work Eric. It's been touched up.
This is like the time team of autographs.
Replaced is more like it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service