We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

A great actor - I met him a few times. He was superb in Barrymore on Broadway and the film as well. Here is my earliest - Francis and Violet Zane Collection C. 1950:

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rest In Peace.

What a wonderful actor.

Such terrible news... I feel deeply saddened. He was one of a kind, a phenomenally superb actor and a true class act. A gentleman like no other. There is much to learn from him and his stellar career. How lucky you were Eric, to have been able to meet him. Although he was in his early nineties, I can't help feeling that he was gone too soon, that he had much more to give to this world. He will never be forgotten.

May he rest in peace. 

Yes a wonderful actor. Was actually just watching one of his later movies the other day. The one where he portrayed J. P. Getty. 

Eric, what was he like to meet on those rare occasions?

Mark 

I remember meeting him after a matinee performance of Barrymore. He was very nice, smiling and surprisingly shorter than I am. He had on a maroon sweatsuit and a good deal of gold jewelry. I congratulated him on his performance and he was very pleased and thankful. He had signed for everyone backstage and someone brought out the playbills and then he exited. Leonard Nimoy was there (Plummer was General Chang in Star Trek 6) and Walter Cronkite was there too. Both signed for me. After Plummer left in a car I walked a block talking with Nimoy. We then exchanged the Vulcan greeting and I rejoined my friends.

Thank you Eric for your swift reply. It must have been awesome to meet them all. What a night to remember!

Mark 

Great story, Eric.

That's fantastic Eric. Must have been a night to remember. And to have met Leonard Nimoy and exchanged the Vulcan greeting So cool. Was the play done after his appearance on Star Trek?  I am thinking it was.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service