We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Rock and Roll Collection Concerns [Title revised by moderator]

I see this site brought up a lot on this site for autograph references.

http://www.rockandrollcollection.com/

problem is, who ever this Stephan is he has a load of forgeries up here too. I get messages from people from time to time saying he has offered to sell a member here an item or two and it is never the real stuff imo, it is usually the fake stuff. Greed. He wants money but doesn't want to part with the good stuff.

Eagles are his most famous work. Attached is a screen shot of his fake work (not limited too). Notice how they are the same..... duh. If you look through his stuff he has loads of fake Zeppelin, Beatles, Springsteen, Stones, Floyd and more. Even the so called authentic Traveling Wilbury's is not real. Maybe the George and Petty are ok but 100% not the Lynne and I'm pretty sure the Dylan is bogus also. Anyway, I don't wish to debat about this guy and his ethics but if you are using him a reference be careful and I wouldn't buy anything from the guy either.

Views: 29036

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

N.Steiger-Jason Maser:

All I asked you to do, the only thing I asked you to do, was use your real name because of the personal attacks you were making.

Those are the rules here. They are there to help protect members from snipers. You wouldn't follow the rules to protect yourself, you said.

You had no problem using your wife's (then girlfriend, as you pointed out) information, which makes me feel bad for her. But the rules are the rules.

I'm suspending you and deleted your post after I told I would if you didn't change your member name to your actual one. This one I'm leaving.

Why does slim shady post his real name under Racc on facebook?
I know it is your site Steve and it is your call obviously, but I wouldn't suspend him as we do know his identity.

I agree that his terminology in calling Stephen a forger lacks major tact, however if he were to come on here and did a study showing why he felt his autographs were not authentic off the bat rather then post and run it would have been more beneficial to AML.

I think Steigrr/Maser is knowlegable. I think he didn't use that knowledge strategically in this discussion.

I wish Mr. Duncan would return. I know it is difficult to proove the legitimacy of an autograph when there isn't photo proof, are mistaken of dates, etc.

We are taught to trust the ink and the signature NOT the story. I believe it is apt to at least question authenticity if enough people believe the signatures aren't telling the story we know. I however would not call anyone a forger without proof. I would suggest for those items offered or purchased maybe Roger would lend his opinion?

Adam,

All he has to do is change to his real name in settings in his profile. If he won't do that, he can't stay. If he does do that, he can. It's his call.

Another thing we need to consider in judging Steiger/Maser's credibility, judgement--and sanity--is that he used his WIFE'S email address and variation of her name to protect HIMSELF.

What was his reasoning? "(S)he wasn't my wife at the time." (The time he created that account in 2013.)

If you were his then girlfriend or fiancé--now wife--would you even trust him to take out the trash after hearing that?

I have known a lot of in person autograph collectors, runners and hunters, the one thing most have in common.....they aren't the average "normal" people. Myself included.  

Many of them do not have people skills, some lack the social graces to interact well with others online or in real life. Plenty of them have vast amounts of knowledge in what they specialize in, but can't formulate the information into words spoken or written to share with others.

I am not making excuses for Steiger or whoever he/she is, nor do I recall ever really talking to him/her.

Some of the comments and attitudes I have witnessed here in the last year from him/her, scream out anti-social, but there is no denying the fact that something was brought to light that should be addressed.

Steiger may be the best music collector / authenticator in the world, but without some degree of decorum, he/she will likely be looked upon as a loud mouth trying to make waves. The important points that were made were lost in a battle of the wills over who this person is, what they may have sold and the use of a real name. 

I think he challenged you on a Ford autograph a while ago and you told him to stick to Pink Floyd. (unless Ive had too many Magic Hat beers).

Ian, reading your post it certainly rings a bell.....I didn't even remember that was him.

Yeah, that was him Pete, he is a real expert he knows everything and the rest of us are sheep.
Ian is right, Pete. The Harrison Ford being referenced is one I own: a signed Temple of Doom poster by Ford & Spielberg. You said it was real and he didn't like it. PSA also said it was real, BTW. He got VERY upset at you (and me) in that discussion.
I really wish I understood his reasoning behind being anonymous by using his girlfriends name and email. No realm of imagination can make me think that was a good idea et all.

I also am not defending him, like I said he handled himself incorrectly by not identifying himself by your policy and coming in without even doing a signature study on Stephens items first before calling him a forger.

I also believe how one handles himself shows what type of credibility you gain or lose. I don't/didn't wish to hijack this topic with pointing out that it is (at the very least) bad form to authenticate items on AML for people and not let them know that he was the one selling them, however I do believe it to be apt to his credibility and character.

I do think he is at least knowledgeable on signature studies even if I don't quite understand his own motives. I do respect others opinions on here and wish this topic would have started out with examples first. I do also believe Mr. Duncan should return as it is his items being questioned. Specifically if he can share any other items he was selling that haven't been shown. Also if we can see if Roger might assist specifically in the items being sold in his opinion.

At what point do we acknowledge the evidence presented here?  It seems pretty clear to me.  Mr. Duncan is at best lying about the source of his items or at worst, he is forging them and using his website and stories to legitimize them.  Whether or not you agree with Steiger's tactics, he does have a point here and since members have purchased from Mr. Duncan, I would think this would be a matter of utmost importance.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service