Rock and Roll Collection Concerns [Title revised by moderator]

I see this site brought up a lot on this site for autograph references.

http://www.rockandrollcollection.com/

problem is, who ever this Stephan is he has a load of forgeries up here too. I get messages from people from time to time saying he has offered to sell a member here an item or two and it is never the real stuff imo, it is usually the fake stuff. Greed. He wants money but doesn't want to part with the good stuff.

Eagles are his most famous work. Attached is a screen shot of his fake work (not limited too). Notice how they are the same..... duh. If you look through his stuff he has loads of fake Zeppelin, Beatles, Springsteen, Stones, Floyd and more. Even the so called authentic Traveling Wilbury's is not real. Maybe the George and Petty are ok but 100% not the Lynne and I'm pretty sure the Dylan is bogus also. Anyway, I don't wish to debat about this guy and his ethics but if you are using him a reference be careful and I wouldn't buy anything from the guy either.

Views: 28818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

much better Steve.

Much better title. 

as an innocent bystander in this thread, i've enjoyed the read, and am way too far from an expert to judge the authenticity of the aforementioned items, but i did just want to chime in and bring up the $12,000 figure mentioned for Mr. Duncan's web site. sir, if you truly paid someone that much for design, hosting and bandwidth, i truly hope you know a good lawyer because you got swindled!!! i pay less than $150 a year for hosting and bandwidth and run wordpress on my own with a great looking template for free!

i'm also sad to see N.Steiger flee the discussion and have to have his true identity outed. he was literally the first interaction i had on this wonderful site about a year plus ago when i asked for opinions on a waters/wright DSoTM LP i was thinking about buying (and subsequently did). he seemed genuinely knowledgable and accurate in his assessments, but this kind of drive by accusation doesn't do much but muddy the waters of our great hobby that much more.

Jason. I don't check this site daily. I was away. That Waters was nice and glad I could help. Unfortunately it is all too common for moderators and regulars to get all to comfortable with a person and when they get brought to light you get poorly educated people (in autographs) coming to rescue of their friends. It's almost like people don't want the truth. The subject isn't me here, it's Mr. Duncan and his fake crap. Why me or my family is being discussed is disturbing. If some of these people would use this vulture mentality to out forgers we'd be a pretty strong community. No matter. I am done helping people. Take care.

If you're going to call someone a forger without offering any evidence, people will be suspicious of your motives.  It's the most common way to falsely attack people in this hobby. Surely with your experience you saw it coming.

I agree with you that Mr. Duncan has a lot of explaining to do about all the fake autographs he supposedly obtained in person.  Post evidence to back up your claim that he is forging these items and you'll see the tides shift dramatically. Unfortunately this is always the first step of change.. and its up to you whether it actually makes a difference.

I dont' have video of him doing it, sorry to say. But I posted the evidence. A screen shot of all the fake eagles. They are signed by the same person and the Eagles aren't one of them. I think you are hinting that maybe he is getting them from someone else and that could be, but if he is the accepted expert he should know better and he has some many real ones I don't buy it for a second that he got fooled. If you are an in-person music collector and you worked in the 90's you'd know instantly but buyer type collectors do need they hand held in a sense. I could literally spend hours making more detailed screen shots how the forger's making mistakes but he'd then just correct them.

I honestly don't know where he got any of his stuff from, but I know for certain some of it isn't real. He's been avoiding my specific questions.

If you convince Roger that the Eagles items are bad, I will pay for his opinion and post the results here.

its one thing to point out forgeries.  its another thing to accuse someone of BEING the forger. I have no issue with the former.

It is however unfair to hide behind anonymity and call him a forger without proof he is the one making the forgeries. If he has a collection of unauthentic items that he isn't selling and he is proud of displaying them than that is on him. I think when you come on here and don't expect kick back (especially when you know Steve's policy) then you are naive too.

If he is knowingly selling forgeries you did a service letting people know. However you lack tact on how you handled it. It is also unfair to hide who you are and make accusation s.

It is also dishonest when someone asks for opinions of something and you are selling something and aren't up front that you are the seller when giving opinions. Not to say you sell forgeries because I don't believe you do, but there was question of an item on this thread thst you were selling:

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/sodoautographs

All I did was make a screen shot of forgeries and lay them out bud. Not sure why I am being discussed. Take the gift and roll with it. As far as Nirvana.... can't please them all I guess. I think I have had maybe 1-2 items ever not pass PSA..... in 25 years. It's dave grohl, he's pretty inconsistent wouldn't you think? Not sure how PSA can responsibly authenticate half his terrible signature but they do.

And I stayed away for a while. Never knew it was a new policy. I have messaged Steve with my name privately month ago. He never replied. What can I do. I don't need retaliation anymore so I like to remain private.

N.Steiger,

I have told you repeatedly, from about a year or more ago, that if you are going to call people out you need to use your real name. Those are the rules here.

I told you that TWICE this discussion. You ignored me. That's why, when you would not comply or respond to me in any way, after more than a year of telling you to follow the rules, that I posted your name and location, based on the email address associated with your membership here.

That's why I published your name yesterday, [removed by moderator].

Please remove my wife's name from this site. That's not right. I have messaged you privately with my info Steve, months ago. You never replied so for as I saw. As far as ignoring you I have stayed away intentionally and never knew of your new policy. And after I posted this thread I didn't come back. Never knew I was in discussion till now. It really deflects the real issue here don't you think? I have called out so many forgers on this site (not necessarily members) and all I get is crap about who I am. What does it matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go after the forgers bud.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service