We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Rolls Royce bonnet signed by Paul McCartney, Bono, Beyoncé, Kanye West, Katy Perry etc.

Hi Everyone,

I bought this Rolls-Royce Coupe bonnet signed at the 2008 EMA awards from MTV last year and was just wondering about the potential value of it if ever I were to sell it in the future? It is contained within a wooden frame with inbuilt lighting and photos of all of the signers signing. I didn't pay a huge amount for it so I'm not expecting thousands and thousands. 

It is signed by (deep breath):

Sir Paul McCartney (signature approx: 35cm (13 inches) long with doodled face)

Bono (with sketch and "I still want my MTV 2008" inscribed) 

Beyoncé

Kelly Rowland 

Solange Knowles

Katy Perry

P!nk ("XOXO" with skating boy sketch)

Kanye West (with broken heart sketch)

Take That (minus Robbie Williams with Take That logos drawn. Gary Barlow adds "Love")

Grace Jones 

The Killers (Brandon Flowers using a sketch of flowers as a surname)

The Sugababes

Kid Rock

Estelle (with sketch of dress she was wearing at the awards)

Craig David

Anastacia (with smiley face)

Perez Hilton ("Drive safely... And in STYLE! XOXO")

Travee McCoy (with graffiti style "Travee")

The Wombats (with sketch of the band, a heart and "Thank you very much + practice safe sex!")

The Rasmus (Lauri Ylonen)

MTV CEO W.H. Roedy (MTV = LOVE AND UNITY LIVERPOOL!!)

Tokio Hotel

Any help would be much appreciated!

All the best,

Ethan 

P.S Sorry about the sizing of the images, it's only my second post and I haven't quite worked it out yet!

Tags: Beyonce, Beyoncé, Bono, Kanye, McCartney, Perry

Views: 3790

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You aren't BSing...congratulations!

MTV listed it under "Other Music Memorabilia"...which is where cheepo stuff usually is. No one bid on it.

You don't know how much a determined buyer would pay, but I wouldn't be surprised if brought $25,000 or more. 

Thanks! 

Aah, I see. That is really a great amount. To put that into context for me personally, that's enough for me either have two years of practically free university or even a deposit on a small house! 

Is it something that is likely to increase in value would you think? As in would waiting a few years be a good idea before selling it if I were to?

You maybe waiting a long time for it to increase in value, the main thing is to find a solid buyer for it.

The only danger with waiting too long I suppose is that while some of the signers i.e Paul McCartney will have gone up in value, others may become irrelevant,  like The Killers for example.  

It is tempting to sell it as soon as I can, but I'm not wanting to rush into anything obviously.

Paul and Sting will keep it relevant till you're old and gray...so don't worry.

Bono you mean?  ;-) 

As a massive Beatles fan I will admit the main reason I bought it was that it was the cheapest McCartney signature I'd seen!

Sorry, yes...Bono!

Super nice Bono sig. In fact, just about every signature looks especially nice and the whole thing is enhanced by wonderful sketches and inscriptions.

That is for me the ONLY drawback of the piece. You have PauL and Bono as your cross generation big names. You have the modern biggies Beyoncé, Kanye, Katy Perry. The rest trail off from there.

I think you could get big money going the dealership route as suggested, but other collectors might be put off by size and simply might not want a piece with names that won't make sense. I love it however! Very nice!

That was my worry really, nobody is fanatic about owning an autograph from Perez Hilton or The Wombats! Dealership would definitely seem to be the way to go by the sounds of it. 

Happens with charity/benefit items sometimes. I have a few Teenage Cancer Trust programs that Florence Welch (a very difficult signature who almost always scribbles now) beautifully signed with a full, every letter "Florence and the Machine" autograph. And the other person who signed the front . . . was Gok Wan. Ugh.

Yeah, that would actually be worth thousands and thousands. You got a killer, killer deal there. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service