Does anyone know anything about signed copies of The Steps by Sylvester Stallone being available in the UK? Many thanks!

Views: 30159

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Regarding the ‘Sly’ signature versus his full name, my understanding is that Stallone has an agreement with ASI that prevents him from signing his full name. The ‘Sylvester Stallone’ signature is exclusive to ASI, which is why he signs as ‘Sly’ on other items.

Def lots of question marks.  For a $30 book, not a problem.  Paying ebay prices for this doesn't make sense to me.  I've done a good amount of in person sports and don't know if I've ever seen such wholesale changes in the style of a signature.  Maybe guys will shorten things with a line for last name or get lazy and run names together by not lifting the pen.  But multiple styles with way different changes between them scares me.  It resembles Lil Baby to me.

Thank you for answering. I bought a UK one for quite expensive so was just asking..

My UK copy

Thanks for adding it here. Same sort of style as this US example:


The whole progression of this signed edition has been pretty strange. Signed copies were being discussed as far back as July 2025, when City Books (UK) briefly took preorders before canceling them because they had jumped the gun and didn’t know their allocation.

Then in May 2026, B&N offered a signed edition and Indigo followed. 

Then on July 30, 2026, City Books said they had been informed that Stallone would not be signing copies. When asked for clarification on July 31, they said that based on what the publisher had told them, it sounded like he “won’t be signing at all.” 

Despite that, BAM offered signed copies on August 26. But by September 10, some BAM orders were already being canceled, with at least one person here being told that the publisher was no longer fulfilling them. 

Around the same period, Indigo cancellations were reported and many B&N orders were being canceled or moved into backorder. A independent US bookstore then contacted its publisher and was reportedly told that Stallone “didn’t sign any books.” 

Then signed copies actually started surfacing. UK booksellers received copies, while some US orders that had been in limbo finally processed/shipped. 

I’d still like to know exactly when and where Stallone supposedly signed the retail copies, how many he signed, and what changed between the publishers saying he hadn’t signed them and the books eventually being distributed.

Style 5 continuing to be remarkably consistent…it’s not exact but seems odd for someone whose signature supposedly varies so much 

Here are some of the various styles that show up within style 3, which is characterized by the individually formed letters:

 

Radar online has a worst reputation and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if someone who has paid more for Stallone signatures paid for this article. Article failed to mention his representative says they are authentic 

 Google radar online and see the results. I don’t get why someone would pay for this article rather then an authentication service unless….they want to stir even more doubt.

P.S

https://www.digitalnetworkingagency.com/get-featured-in/radar-online 


Lol, are you suggesting that I paid to have this article published?

Back in March, I reached out to them over the Liza situation which I was highly involved in uncovering and documenting - you can see the Liza thread that I started here:

https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/liza-minnelli-kids-...

When we were investigating the Lisa stuff, we were trying to get media attention in order to spread the word and put pressure on the publisher. I reached out to over a dozen media outlets at the time and Radar picked up the story - willingly and for free. They did the same here.

No, Radar is not the New York Times. But they get clicks and it will spread the word. I’m sorry that the publication of an article questioning these signatures seems to have upset you. It’s clear you only have an interest in these being real to make a profit on your reselling.

Like it or not, there are legitimate questions with these signatures. Unfortunately, some seem more concerned with reselling them than examining the evidence. I make no apologies for questioning them or bringing these concerns to a wider audience.

Well said.  We should always do our homework rather than blindly accept that anything is legit 

I'll trust expert eyes over "his representative said they are authentic".  

RSS

Get Our Newsletter

Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

© 2026   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service