Does anyone know anything about signed copies of The Steps by Sylvester Stallone being available in the UK? Many thanks!

Views: 25393

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My signed US copy. The Grad Collection returned a "likely genuine" verdict on this. Hope that's correct....

I haven't seen this posted here, I saw this on Facebook, I'm sure it will still leave doubts in the minds of some but for many others this is a decent confirmation of authenticity.  Not quite as good as being there during the signing yourself of course.

Attachments: No photo uploads here

I would love to be sure all of these are good, but there's still doubt in my mind and I'm not sure I'll ever believe all of these are legit. I think some look pretty good, like this one shared below that isn't mine. It matches up pretty well to some authenticated examples (https://iconicauctions.com/lot-72663.aspx).

Then you have others, like mine, that look a lot different. Mine is shared on page 16. The "l" in mine isn't separated from the other letters like it is here, and the 'y" is also a lot different. The "y" in mine is a lot bigger and has a little inner curl at the bottom that makes the bottom look like a G, far different than this.

I did get a "likely genuine" from the Grad Collection, but I wish there was an explanation attached to that assessment. That would have been insightful.

May be an image of text

thanks to matt for all the examples, - you could get a headache looking at them all

Appreciate that Michelle, I hope it’s helpful to some folks. 

I continue to see the examples falling into a few stylistic groups. 

Here is one style that showed up quite a bit in examples yesterday:

Here’s a few examples of another style:

These styles were previously shown, but here are 2 more with a few examples of each:

And

Lastly would be the group where the letters are individually formed. I feel like there are possible subgroups in this one so I’m showing all of them:

And a couple odd ones 

Do you think all these different variations are authentic?


I’m not sure what to make of it. I guess I would say that I would feel more comfortable with some of the groups vs others. 

The two groups that I posted together above (including your example) do concern me a bit. But at the same time, yours passed a quick opinion. 

I think it’s possible he signed in multiple styles, as has been reflected in his known in-persons. I also think it’s possible that some are real and some are not. What do you think? 

Based on what I've seen in the past, I feel like the bottom two rows in the group with individually formed letters appear the most authentic. Of course, that's just my opinion.

RSS

Get Our Newsletter

Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

© 2026   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service