We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Went to Harvard Square yesterday and it was packed. I asked what was going on and learned that Springsteen was signing copies of Born to Run book at Harvard COOP.  Thousands of people were in line sine 6 am, with tickets they got day before. No way I was going to get in, but  mman you cold even feel his aura outside of the store which it onlt  a blovk away from when he performed that famous Harvard Square show in the 70s when a journalist gave a review-:I have seen the future of rock and it is Springsteen!

http://www.wickedlocal.com/news/20161010/thousands-line-cambridge-s...

Tags: springsteen

Views: 1462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the springsteen craze has always amazed me.  personally, I wouldn't go to one of his concerts if someone gave me a front row seat, bought me dinner and drove me there.  But it really is a phenomenon.

It amazes me also, there has to be a huge percentage of ip collectors who aren't fans outside wanting too cash in on these books and post their photo on facebook, so they can look good.
I have to say I feel that way about AC/DC...I think classic rock radio has made me ill of them. Springsteen I never cared much for, but it would be awesome to meet him.
Ac/dc were great when bon was in the band playing pubs in Australia and high school concerts.It seems all but over for acdc now.
All I can say is that AC/DC is awesome! And always will be. They were great with Bon, and they were great with Brian. They are one of my Top 5 bands of all-time...but that's just my opinion.
Brians done a great job and he sounds like bon. I used to find early acdc singles at garage sales and make a killing when i sold them.

Ac/dc are my favourite band and bon scott was a brilliant singer for the band.If you like rock music you have to like Ac/dc.

No not me! :)

I agree. I don't get it, and I am from the Freehold/Asbury Park area (where he grew up). His music is alright, but the hype is ridiculous. Everyone in the area has their "I met Bruce" story.Whether it was at the local Toys or Us (my cousin) or going to Church with him when he was a kid (my Aunt) Who cares.

The thing is, Bruce is synonym of America, just like McDonalds, Chevy/Ford or Coca Cola. He is part of American pop culture and a huge cultural phenomenon. It's not really about music which, as you said is alright but nothing special either, but rather the whole socio-cultural context. So many people associate with his lyrics and his more social approach. Music is not the most important aspect of his gigantic career.

I don't think that's true at all
Not many people can name a Springsteen song

I believe most could at least name "Born In The USA", "Born To Run" or "Streets of Philadelphia". ;) And btw, in that case not many could name Dylan's song as well. ;)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service