We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 88323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am guessing that they will have licensed photos, trying this without Disney's ok, will likely mean no Star Wars photos.  

Do licensed photos add any worth to the autographed picture or would it be the same even if it was a high quality Xerox job?

It's not about adding worth by being a licensed photo....

If the images from TFA are not licensed by Disney, I am thinking Disney can just pull the plug on any of their images being used.

Daisy is a pretty girl, but I am thinking most SW fans don't want random studio or model shots....they want Rey shots. 

True...or they would be up to their ASS in damages to Disney.

So what we know so far is that the company name is ASS, and we have no idea who owns said company. 

All they have going for them at the moment is Andy and PSA DNA (Steve Grad, I assume) being involved.

In a very strange twist of events, send in prices are actually less than using their items...didn't see that one coming.

We have no idea what their images are, or if they have been approved or licensed by Disney/Lucasfilm.

and we are in a bit of a time crunch to decide because send ins are limited and due by the 15th. 

Rebelscum has a post with the price for inscription or character name at +$400. per a response to the question via the almighty Facebook. 

Yeah, this is kind of a bit too weird for me to get excited about. If some more details surface, maybe. 

I am out of the country and Internet is almost as expensive as this Ridley signing, so gotta keep it short.

- $400 for her to write 3 letters is over the top ridiculous

- Charging extra for multi signed items is a cash grab

- Why such short notice?  Seems odd they wouldn't advertise sooner to maximize sales.

I trust Andy and Steve, so if they say its good to go, it's good to go, but I won't be buying anything at these prices.. It seems like people are just trying to take advantage of the short market supply. I am going to wait and see what happens.  I'd much rather participate in OPX's Harrison Ford signing coming up than dump $1000 into Daisy right now.

Good to see she will be signing her full name again though.. I can't imagine 2-3 of these signings the market will hold these prices though..

Supply will catch up with demand sooner than later. Her autos won't hold value like Fords do....at least for very much longer. Investment purposes I would go with his all day. Fan purposes...well that's up to you.

While I'm comfortable with what I already own, I can't say I'm not tempted to go for something like an 11x14. But I couldn't send them money right now if I wanted to because they haven't been clear about what images of their own they're offering. 

I'm waiting ,watching, not enough info, they just started the facebook site. Are you guys positive this is no scam?

There's a screencap floating around of instagram where Daisy may be saying she's not doing this signing. I don't know if her statement conclusively means that, though. She could be responding to setting the prices or something. 

This should be a bigger deal than something handled by a brand new, nobody company with an inside joke of a name.

Has anyone validated this with PSA? If they're involved, they should be able to confirm.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service