We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 88323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pretty ambitious for a seller who rarely sells anything for over a buck.

20 grand for a Ford signed card! Pete must be a multi millionaire!

Yes, I must have Jeeves bring around the car.

This must be an error.  I can think of no other explanation.

When they were actually something rare, they went for $5k- $7k

but seeing as Topps and other card companies tend to now have him as a chase card in every damn set.....

Who cares?  

It is ridiculous Pete.  I completely understand the concept of chase cards but this is truly ridiculous.  Not even a Babe Ruth autograph card would command such an investment.

I have been telling people the same story now for nearly 17 years. 

How Natalie Portman was a great signer in 1998 and 1999 at the stage door of her play "The Diary of Anne Frank," and that she even signed a couple of Episode 1 teaser posters on her way into the NYC hotel hosting the press junket. Only the people in that hotel knew for sure what changed in those hours she spent inside.

In the last week or two, I have had the pleasure to exchange a number of emails with a member of the press/movie reviewer, and some clarity has been given. The entire cast signed for the people interviewing them, except for Liam Neeson, who told each person who asked for his autograph that he would only sign, if they made a hefty donation to his charity. The majority of these members of the press passed on this opportunity.

Somewhere along the course of that day, Natalie either heard Liam's response to an interviewer, or maybe he spoke with her directly and explained his position on the matter.

Liam hadn't been signing at all leading up to the junket, but Natalie was happy to autograph items for her fans, that is until Liam got to her.

Now 17 years later, Natalie is still using the same line and refusing to sign anything Star Wars, claiming that she will only sign for Charity.

Liam, on the other hand, got good and drunk out on the town in NYC a few years after Episode 1 and has been freely signing Star Wars items ever since, but thanks to him and his big idea......Natalie still won't sign.

Verification?  I think so....... Thanks Liam!

This is the item my inside source got signed that fateful day. Possibly one of the last Natalie Star Wars items autographed (that was not signed for a huge charity donation.)   

Why does this policy only extend to Star Wars items?

I've heard some people say she won't sign anything, and then I've seen people get stuff signed no problem. Not sure what it is with her.  At one point she did publicly say that the Star Wars movies "ruined her career".. so she obviously blames Star Wars for something.. but I know the guy who got this one signed, he said it was one of the easiest graphs he ever got.  I think she's just an odd one.

She is not an easy graph at all here in the USA. Every graph she has signed here in the last 10-15 years has been either a garbage scribble because a film camera was near or it was for something that she considered charity, like Radio-man.

She seems to be signing some in Europe where the piece Mike posted was signed, and that was indeed in a place where press cameras were snapping away.

The most she signed here in America was while she had a few at the after party for the Black Swan premiere.....I guess booze helps, but the signatures are not identifiable as Portmans.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service