We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 88270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not a musician at all, but that is a quote from the Star Wars Main Title.

My aunt says she is pretty sure it is the opening trumpets of the main SW theme...

Your aunt is correct.

And clearly Mr. Williams is familiar, and obliging, with the request to write a few bars :)

Actually he really isn't. Special occasions or for special friends or coworkers. That little grouping is 30+ years worth.

Oh, wow...good to know?
Sorry, I meant, good to know!
Interesting that he wrote the theme an octave higher on that last musical illustration.

That's the the Bill Murray version...

"Star Wars... nothing but Star Wars!"

Amazing pieces Pete.

There won't ever be another like John Williams. Any chance I get to add a Musical Quote from him, I do.

CE3K is the most common with The SW Main theme being the next most numerous. In decades of collecting his quotes, I have seen only 1 Superman, 2 quotes of the Raiders March, 2 quotes of the Jaws Theme, 2 of the Imperial March, and random unidentified bits, even a Schindler's List.

Prices have gone higher and higher on these, but I believe they are worth it.

Hey guys, in your opinion would it add value, or detract, to have supporting, minor cast sign a Star Wars poster that all the main cast have signed? Like people who played Imperial or Rebel officers and has speaking roles? Or should I just stick to the main cast? Thanks for your views!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service