We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 87893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just adding in my first two I bought recently and had framed. New to star wars autographs! Hopefully be able to buy more over the coming year.

Some of you have amazing pieces!

Attachments: No photo uploads here

A friend of mine has recently caught the Star Wars autograph bug, and what seemed to be a simple question asked by him, turned into one very interesting answer from me that took a while to explain.

I figured it may help some newbies here and might also clarify some things for long time collectors as well.

The topic was Official Pix and identifying material that was signed for them to sell, opposed to blank images signed at a later time.

Here we go... This is an Officially Licensed Official Pix Star Wars AutographThis is an Officially Licensed Star Wars Photograph, autographed privately

This is an Officially Licensed Official Pix Indiana Jones Autograph

This is an Officially Licensed Official Pix Indiana Jones photograph, autographed privately

Lastly, an Official Pix Autograph, after letting the Official Lucasfilm license go.

and here is a cheat sheet image.... 

So the Official Pix sticker will always have the word autograph on it.

If it is autographed under their supervision, yes.

When they held the license for Indy and SW photographs, the holograms say "PHOTOGRAPH" the 2 on the left-side of the cheat sheet image (I used what I had available, sorry if not super clear) 

It gets even more confusing when you have a multi signed shielded photo. Some of the RS shots were sold with Ford only and shielded, some were sold with all 4 and shielded the exact same way.

That happened with a number of signings where you could pick your photo. Hamill signings, Fisher signings and Ford signings.

The explanation and conversation took long enough, if I went there heads would be exploding and nosebleeds, cats and dogs living together.....you get the picture.  

Great info Pete. Have you noticed a particular consistency in his autograph according to the what setting the signing took place?
Wish I can find this image to buy.

Thank you Pete.

Just picked up this Samuel L. Jackson in a trade with my good friend Mark Roberts. Glad to add this to my SW collection!
Attachments: No photo uploads here

Congratulations Mark.  Is that your first Samuel L. Jackson autograph?

Thanks, Mike! Yes it is. Very glad to finally get one.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service