We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But we have a nice, smooth signature that was received TTM shortly after Judith was called out. If there’s someone else signing these, not only have they incorporated the two different styles of E that JLL uses, they have also mixed them around as JLL does. We also see this in the book signatures. So did two different proxy signers go to these lengths to attempt to fool people who compared multiple signatures from TTM and from the books?

This one looks real to my eyes. They got called out and sent a few good ones back a few years ago.

To my eyes, the books do not look like any other exemplar, except the signed pick guards that folks suspected JLL’s road manager might have signed. 

The JLL in person pick guard that Roger posted looked much more like the album you just posted.

I think they look similar to some of the SPs with a “Great Balls of Fire” inscription, at least a couple of which have been authenticated by JSA. Do you not like those?

Just out of curiosity, what is your opinion of the signatures from the 2007 New Orleans Jazz Festival posters?

I remember hearing that JLL doesn’t like signing that inscription. The TTM signatures with that inscription generally looked off to me.

To me, the NO Jazz Festival posters don’t look like they were signed by JLL.  I wouldn’t have confidence in them. That’s unfortunate as it’s a really nice poster...

Do you think they’re good?

Yes, I think they’re good.

May I ask what you don’t like about it as compared to the signed debut LP?

This one with the Great Balls of Fire inscription doesn’t look bad, but there were a few earlier in the 100 pages of thread that came TTM and looked like slowly drawn JLL autographs.

I’m not sure which ones you’re referring to. Would you mind posting one?

To clarify, I didn’t have confidence in the example below pictured with the Great Balls of Fire inscription. This collage is from years ago in the thread.

Mine from the concert years ago is the Mean Old Man cd - #19.

Here’s another SP with a GBOF inscription. This one is claimed to have been signed in person at a meet and greet.

Ballroom - what Jazz posters are you referring too?  Pics of them please. 

thanks 

mark 

What is the story of these please?? Where did they come from.  I have a jazz poster signed and it looks nothing like those.

Mark 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service