We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61434

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The KEY to Jerry Lee Lewis' signature which is very hard to duplicate is when he personalizes it - have tons of examples he usually (Jerry) will use a character like a Z followed by an o, but the biggest thing is his J's are very different from the ones up above with a few exceptions. There are a couple of authentic ones listed above - however, one thing that has been consistent has been the fact that the i in Lewis 98% of the time is dotted at the end of the s in Lewis. Here is an example of a printed autograph from Jerry Lee's Gospel Album on the back. I have autographs of Jerry when he had pneumonia and still the dot at the end of the s in Lewis. Even on his earlier years, (50's-60's) on signed contracts - if Jerry separated his name instead of looping the J's with the L's (see the Beechnut Breathless stamped autograph on Sun) they're still authentic as long as the i is dotted at the end of the s in Lewis. Hope this helps. IN MY OPINION and I've been studying his autograph for 30 years.

Attachments: No photo uploads here

The only signed ones at Best Buy were in New York City. I sent a spy in to get one and Jerry actually did sign his. But this looks very suspicious.

You said: The KEY to Jerry Lee Lewis' signature which is very hard to duplicate is when he personalizes it - have tons of examples he usually (Jerry) will use a character like a Z followed by an o

What does the "To" within the dedication look like when he doesn't use this style of "T"? Will you please post a few examples?

My friend attended this event in Union Square at Best Buy in New York City - he got an authentic autograph signed by Jerry himself. This one looks insane and is rather suspicious.

Mark Roberts,

I just noticed that some of your images are missing that you posted here and were storing on your company server. I don't know if that was intentional or not. Can they replaced, if not intentional?

Thanks

Fake

Jeffrey, which signature are you stating is fake. The Best Buy one? All of your replies piled on top of one another in the discussion and it is unclear. Thanks

As Mamie Lewis - Jerry's mother used to say "There's a dead cat on the line". It's obvious whom signed this album - look at the L's on the back of the check. Wire and Mail Fraud?

I would really be PO if this came back to me through the mail. OMG - Steve Cyrkin we need to do something about this. This is beyond ridiculous and very suspicious especially when U.S. funds and the mail system are being used. 

What are you referring to, Jeffrey? I can't tell.

Thanks for doing this Mark!  I hope we get to the bottom of it, as $50.00 is indeed not cheap.  It would be very sad if Judith (or anyone else) was signing these TTMs.  Would anyone be that dishonest?  One ray of hope though is that the in person Mean Old Man CD does look a lot like the recent TTMs.  It just doesnt look like the old IPs that were posted in the other thread or the older TTM I paid for 10 yrs ago.  I have a Sun sleeve ready to go if the TTMs are real!  The squiggly line under the recent TTMs could be a red flag.  Thats not even on the CD posted here.  Way too confusing for me to sort out lol.

Thanks Mark for posting & Chad B for contacting Judith,  keeping my fingers crossed.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service