We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

'The Collectors Hub' online auction site: WARNING to autograph collectors

Recently I became suspicious of an online auction site called The Collectors Hub which can be viewed at liveauctioneers.com (and possibly elsewhere).  They list a large number of enticing and, apparently, high quality signed items which sometimes sell for low prices.  The auctions are very rapid AND there is evidence of shill bidding.

As a test, I bid on over 50 items in two of their recent auctions and then submitted images of most items to ACOA for review, with Star Wars signed photos going to SWAU for quick opinions.

EVERY SINGLE ITEM FAILED AUTHENTICATION.

I posted several items in this forum for complementary review, just to have a second opinion (without saying where the signatures originated) and the responses from members were overwhelmingly negative.

Of course I will not pay The Collectors Hub for any of these fake items!

They did not provide their names and they are very guarded about where to send payments.  Unfortunately I was unable to tease bank details out of them. They claim to be in the USA but there is evidence that they are not, with one person suggesting China.  From email contacts it was clear that English is not their first language.

*********PLEASE DO NOT SEND THESE SCAMMERS ANY MONEY************

The Collectors Hub, CO - Upcoming Auctions & 8 Past Catalogs (l...

Tags: fake, forgeries, forgery, scam

Views: 1181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ALL fake on a MASS SCALE

Thank you, Kamran. As expected. :(

Please report this to Liveauctioneers.com.  With additional evidence there is a chance that Collectors Hub will be banned.

they are not the only ones doing it  check out   ICZ auctions on live auctioneers  FAKE FAKE FAKE

****FOLLOW-UP BREAKING NEWS ****

The Collectors Hub has been banned on Liveauctioneers.com!

It's about time.

Beware of them on other platforms.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service