We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I was going through my boxes of LP's from storage and had completely forgotten about this autograph I had placed in the doors album. It is their signatures (only Ray and Jim signed completely, Robby and John just first names) obtained when they were sitting a few rows in front of us at the Rheingold Music Festival in Central Park in 1967. The show was Spanky and the Gang and Jessie Collin Young and the Youngbloods. They signed the back of the program.

Views: 1819

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If its still available let me know :-)

Why did Jim sign it with a different pen and who wrote "Doors" on it?

Don't know why or even where the pens came from. I don't think I ever personally carried a pen or marker pen with me. I'm going to contact a friend who was also at the concert (and might also have a signed program if he kept it- there were 4 of us and we all got ours signed). If he still has his I'll see if he can send me a scan of it.

Thanks Dennis.  I was just taking a close look at it and it looks like Ray wrote "Doors".

Ray still frequently writes "Doors" when signing an autograph. 

its definitely Ray. the handwriting matches perfectly

The Doors are my favorite band. Yes, Ray wrote Doors, and still often does.

Jim often didn't include his first name, so that's nice, too. And, Roger is giving you a fair price if he said $4,000. It's signed on a program, not as valuable as a photo or album. If you're looking to sell...make the quick deal with Roger. You won't get that much money if you try to auction it, without paying a forture for authentication and whatnot.

Very, very nice find.

It is only the back page of the program, not the entire program. It was at another bands show, they were sitting in the audience.

Dennis,

Thank you for getting the program signed 45 years ago. I'm speaking for music collectors here and everywhere when I say that. For us, these autographs are like stepping into a time machine. You've created a lot of excitement here!

What are you using as a basis for price comparison? I'm just wondering, as I had only seen about five signatures in which he used either "Jim" or "James", and never with the other members' autographs included as well.

When you say "signatures" are you also including checks or only signed memorabilia? 

That includes checks, and I'm only counting full signatures. I've seen a couple of items that were simply signed "Jim", one of which was also signed by the other three members. 

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service