We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Decided to start a new thread... Local memorabilia shop confirmed live ink and we removed it from the frame. It was processed in the mail in 1937 based on the reverse side. Took a few more photos before we packaged it up for JSA

the shop owner who’s been doing this for 40 years. “I strongly believe you got lucky as hell.”

Views: 3191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Woodie, I'm sorry. I meant please post your Babe Ruths.

A lot of mine are on these blogs. They were collected before these blogs existed. Mine are gathered from many of the same sources that were collected by the blogs. Plus, I'm not anywhere near where my files are except for a scant few on this computer. I haven't used exemplars for Ruth for years. Though others may not, I consider myself beyond exemplar necessity to formulate strong opinions on Ruth and several others.

That works. Which of the ones on the blogs are yours?

I'm not on the blog. I didn't contribute to it. What I mean is that prior to the existence of the Hauls site, I already had a fairly unabridged collection saved of Ruth signature images, both real and fake, images from the early days of the net until the blog started. By the time the Hauls site started, I already had most of his images saved, probably from the same sources, from about 1995 to 2014! I also saved many Ruths from catalogs, like the Wolffer's and others, before and during the years of the internet and from books, like Charlie Hamilton's and others, with the emphasis on checks, contracts, and government documents, although those rarely are written using Babe instead of GH.

I don't blog.  I post here. That's the extent of my internet autograph related activity. I'm a fan/collector/historian, I don't buy and sell autos for a living, or deal with them on any professional money making level.

I’m curious, Woody.  From the late 90s to the early 2000s or so, what percentage of Babe Ruth autographs that PSA/DNA and JSA authenticated as real were actually fake?  Given all the fakes that were circulating during this time period, would you say they authenticated 50% correctly?  Or would you say they messed up, whether purposely or accidentally, only 25% of the time, thus perhaps getting 75% correct?  Bottom line, what percentage would you say they got right?

I have the utmost respect for JSA and PSA/DNA. I wouldn't want that job. The responsibility that a blown call could potentially cost someone a small fortune and I'd feel like personally buying it back were I the cause of someone's financial loss solely due to my error.

My belief is that if you wish to sell an autograph, a BAS, JSA, or PSA authentication is a necessary accompaniment to legitimize and optimize the result. They're pretty much the marketplace standard.

Let's say, on a whole, better than 50%, less than 100%.

Woody, I mean please post the Babe Ruths that you own. In the other discussion you said you had some.

So now you’re selling this?  I thought you were keeping this?  It’s up for auction on eBay with a $3000 opening bid.

Really? Post a link please!

Thanks, James

You’re welcome, Steve.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service