We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

The Night Stalker Darren McGavin DS February 1972 & Original B/W Still

Hi All,

I loved this show! Darren McGavin February 1972 Directors Guild tax DS and a photo of his character Carl Kolchak with Reverse blurb about the "new series". The film The Night Stalker premiered in January 1972 followed by The Night Strangler with the all-too-short (and under-budgeted) series coming later in 1974. Promo photos from this series are hard to find.

As always, click for full image:

Views: 660

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeup was a great show. Loved growing up with those oldy but goodies

nice score Eric, congrats

Thanks Goodcat!

McGavin is hard to secure, and hard to determine genuine too, so when I saw this DS and the date I just umped on it. The photo was pure luck. No camera or recorder or hat shown, but who else would wear that seersucker but Carl? ;)

That is a wonderful example and dates from the beginning of the Kolchak era for him!  The photograph is perfect.

Hi Scott, this means so much coming from you! I know it is not an SP, but that date! And then that photo with that blurb about the "new series" - cant see doing much better! That look  - you know what he thinking! Are there color stills from these shows?

I would take that document any day over a signed photograph.  The only thing better I can think of is an actual contract for him for one of the movies or the series itself.  Of course some would like a contract for A Christmas Story too!  While I have seen color "stills" on eBay in the past I am not sure how "official" they were.  A press kit must exist since there were so many newspapers it would have been to I think.  I really like the image you have and I tend to prefer black and white over color. I suppose one reason is when I first watched Kolchak when it first aired on prime time we only had a black and white television.  It was not until 1984 I bought my first color television set and a Beta (yes Beta) recorder (it was on sale for a good reason lol).

Hi Scott,

Somehow I went through the 80's w/o seeing that film A Christmas Story! It seems EVERYONE has seen it?  I know there is a much-desired "leg-lamp", a tongue stuck to a frozen lamp-post, something about a BB-gun? I'll probably stick to Vincenzo, corned beef sandwiches (w/FRESH pickle this time!), Ron and and Miss Emily. 

Oh I love A Christmas Story and watch it whenever it is on.  McGavin really shows off his comic genius.  He was also very good in the made for TV horror movie Something Evil.  Actually I do not recall a performance of his that I didn't like.  I also liked him in the mini-series The Martian Chronicles.  Certainly Kolchack remains my favorite of his characters.

Was it this thread George?

Hi Scott :) Don't forget Hangar 18!

I remember watching the original TV movie, The Night Stalker, Back in 1972.  I was 7 years-old.  And it scared the feces right out of my body!   I can still remember lying down on the carpet right in front of the TV...but I kept getting up for some reason to get closer to my older sister, and my mom and dad.  Lol.  I really thought it was scary.  I found it on YouTube about 6 or 7 months ago, and watched it again for the first time in about 49 years!  I was still frightened.  But at least this time I could watch it alone!  Lol.  

Nice find! 

Thanks James! Might I suggest this? Kolchak in The Night Strangler Movie #2

I think it is better with a much more seasoned cast of stars from Grandpa Munster to the Wicked Witch from Oz...it is even longer as well with a superb set...

I have since added this to finish it off:

I remember Simon Oakland.  Nice!  I’m pretty sure I watched, The Night Strangler, too.  I will try to check it out again since it’s been close to half-a-century!  Thanks for the recommendation.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service