$350 from Abrams Books - 3 volume box set limited to 500, Matt Groening signed (1st book only). WELCOME30 for a 30% discount if purchase 2 or more items. I added the Amy Schumer signed kids book (March 2007 preorder) and the discount and free shipping were applied to the order- $259 total.
https://www.abramsbooks.com/product/simpsons-treehouse-of-horror-om...
Tags:
Yeah, this is one of the rare moments where I feel like opening the box actually increases the value. If I was selling mine, I'd open the box just so I could advertise the fact that I was selling a beautiful, original Matt Groening sketch. The sketch would be Photo #1, so that anyone searching would see that first. Treehouse of Horror comics are enough of a niche that only the most diehard Simpsons fans will want them. But an original Groening sketch is something that appeals to a much wider audience. So that should be the highlight.
Even more strangely, the flippers I'm seeing aren't even hyping the sketch. On eBay, a lot of people are selling these. But not a single one of them is using the words "sketch" or "drawing" in their titles. If you search for "Matt Groening Sketch", you won't find a single one of these books in the results. But search for "Matt Groening Signed", and you'll see them. I don't know why any seller would skip that vital keyword.
And beyond that, I'm confident that any non-Bart character would sell for a much higher price. As you said, a Homer would be high on the list, and worth extra money. So in my opinion, opening these boxes automatically raises the price a little by unveiling the sketch. And if the sketch ends up being a non-Bart character, it raises the price a lot.
That is such a good point. I had to look for myself and you are absolutely right, Makes no sense at all. I also see some using the stock photo of the sketch, but even that is misleading. Buyers could fight for a return since they will receive a different item than pictured.
I hate buying anything still sealed, CDs, vinyl, anything.. I want to see exactly what I'm purchasing so I can choose. That should be the point of paying a premium from a reseller
© 2026 Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.
Powered by
Badges | Report an Issue | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service