We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

HI,

I just came across this Vivien Leigh that I'm thinking about bidding on.  I remember "Waterloo Bridge."  I thought it was great.

Anyway, I thought I might get some opinions before I made that potentially fatal leap on this one.  Anyone out there have any thoughts about it?

Thanks,

Mike.

Tags: Leigh, Vivien

Views: 425

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

eBay is awash in forgery dealers.  I pulled the Liz Taylor from my site.  I sent a Taylor scan into Beckett for an online opinion.  When the report comes in I'm going to contact this Lights-Camera-ActionUK fellow and try to get my money back.  Either way, money back or not, I think a "phone call" is in order.  

And Vincent Price, Martin Landau...all by the same hand.

I find it amazing that he hasnt been found out yet.  I like your photos Eric on a happier note

Thank you Michelle! :-)

Here is another - a low res scan tho. Kazan directing Leigh and Hunter, 1950-51. Click for image:

He's making money like a banker!

I passed on the Vivien Leigh.  I just didn't have a good feeling about it or them him.  The autographs seemed to be selling well under value.  Plus, a dealer that can't provide a good clear high resolution scan or photo of the signature strikes me as suspicious.  That was 2 strikes.  Your opinion was strike 3.  I can report him to eBay.  First, I would get an online opinion report from Beckett to add credibility to my "assertion."  

Thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge with a relative newcomer.  Please bear with me.  I'm prone to make errors in judgment from time to time.  But I'm trying to get it right.

I really love the movie stars from Hollywood's great movie classics.  What would be a good book about authenticating autographs by  the performers from Hollywood's Golden Era?

You've got a good eye!

Thank you Patrick :-)

I do not know of a book. Self taught. I started collecting Gleason before 1980.

I hope Patrick comes back and sees this - that "Leigh" ends in 2 1/2 hours...

This sold for $100, $12 LESS than the obvious preprint shortly before it. Both had 9 bids; the forgery had 7 bidders and the preprint 5.

The photo was probably worth more than the autograph!  🤣

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service