Tags:
What's your question? I wouldn't go near this unless it has full paperwork and even then, I'd have to see it in person as it's so faded and damaged.
I saw it and thought it warranted being put in this forum.
I love it. nice contribution.. The problem is whoever buys it would be paying for mold issues. I would cut and find a way to treat this if it was mine since I would consider this a gimmick item. There are a few ways I can think of to make sure spores are killed completely but they would all most likely damage the autograph further. Could a restorative service be any better with an item already this faded? It would be throwing money at a problem item where in the end, I doubt the owner would ever be satisfied regardless. if anyone is interested in trying, id suggest sending nothing but lowball figures at this seller, and only if you are completely sure without a doubt its authentic. just my opinion. Very interesting item. Thanks for sharing your find
I'm glad you posted it. Worth discussing. Looks real to me from here but I'd have to see it in-person.
I love Jason's reply. He made this thread really, really interesting.
I once bought an autograph like this. The weirdest thing is -- I didn't even care about the artist. It was at a collector show, and someone had a lot of autographed items (all very expensive). He had a Barbra Streisand album signed by her, but the entire autograph was smeared. You could read it, but a hand accidenetally smeared it or whatever it was. But I figured -- I've spent $10 at Taco Bell, why not buy this album. Still have it (somewhere).
So yeah, if someone can get this cheap, yeah -- go for it. But I guarantee the person selling, knowing it's real (if we're assuming it's real) -- would still want a good chunk of change for it.
That's really cool. I'd love to see it one of these days if you ever get it out. I'm not necessarily a fan of Barbra's music but completely understand her place in history and do love some of her movies. I did manage to grab 3 signed books of hers. One I turned into a cut since they are all bookplates anyways.
I wasn't going to post this, especially not here, but I do like specifically searching for cheap "problem" graphs I can fix up but only if I want to add that person to my collection anyways. I ran into another just last week I'll post below. It's surprising how many people want full price for items that need a lot of work, if they can even be fixed at all.
I've been fixated on Batman lately and had a look at what I could find on eBay. Came across this metal sign signed by Bale and Clooney. Clooney was heavily smeared but since I knew this was signed on metal, it was worthy of being fixed up. Previously owned by a journalist based in Milwaukee. He was kind enough to sign a detailed COA as well for me. Im sure it would be impossible to fix up your Streisand smear in this way but figured I'd post and maybe inspire someone to attempt being creative with this Lennon (even though this is an entirely different animal)
Probably best to start a new thread about fixing up problem items... Anyways, Here are some photos of what I've done. I may still go a bit further with small details in Clooney but would be happy leaving it this way too
© 2026 Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.
Powered by
Badges | Report an Issue | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service