We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have never seen a Steiner authenticated Mickey Mantle signed item. I'm concerned about the c and the k in Mickey. The area where the c and k connect isn't right and the arc of the top of the c is way too much. Opinions?

Views: 1285

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sad thing is I love that Pose and had it been LEGIT i woulda popped on it

My Example for reference.

Hey Tony...have you ever had your piece authenticated ?...that formation worries me a bit...I just had one fail authentication with a very similar formation...

This did NOT pass JSA...and is no question a cut above the usual fakes out there...

CEE GEE, if that is a fake, then yes, it is a cut above. which makes me wonder why there are not more out there, if the forger is that good.  Maybe they failed it because of the loops on the m's?

I took a shot in the dark on this one...it came in real low at auction...there is good and bad qualities about it...it bothered me for a while so I just had to get it looked at by the pros...I have seen some really good fakes surfacing out there of late...not sure who is doing it...but there all pretty much the same style and most def the mistakes the forger is making is quite obvious...the one that I had that failed was something I liked at first but then continued to bother me...I would have to say on mine in particular the signers mistake are pretty obvious but at the same time no good.. 

Nah Ive not had it Authentic.Its one i picked up months ago but i had you Ryan and Zipper look at it before i bought it.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/photo/img-0145?context=user#!/photo/img-0145?context=user

http://live.autographmagazine.com/profiles/blogs/my-big-3

what do you think of this one?

I would say absolutely not.

I just put this in for a PSA Quick Opinion so I will keep ya informed

Dear Anthony Varvel,    

Your Request for Item "Mickey Mantle Signed 8x10 Photo", eBay Lot No. " 331016333015 ", opinion was rendered at "9/6/2013 7:46:02 PM" and the result was:

Response: "Likely Genuine"

Here are the details of your Request:

Comments:
Request ID: 99392
Request By: 09/08/2013

Thank you choosing the QuickOpinion service!

I reviewed CEE GEEs Mantle in hand. Yes, a cut above and formation-wise it is very close.

But it looks a bit too deliberate and I got a whiff of "drawn" from it. JSA looked at it and they were highly confident it was bad.

CEE GEE asked me to run it through a shredder, which I will do and share the video here. :-)

That would be AWESOME !!! hahahaha...lmk bro !

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service